Meca Member of the month

35 members have voted

1. 1. IYO is Ray Maestas worthy of Meca Member status

I'm the 1st one to give bill credit were credit is do he inspired me to start competeing and show my skills if you remember right alpine I met u in sacramento were I blew my dd 9515s on my 1st attemp on a burp I did that build and it was loud after that I swithched to 18s and did 2 builds with them. when I wasn't satisfied I asked bill to help me with a box why cause I trusted him and his knowledge. From the gate the box did a 154.4 mind you I've done all the wiring all the alternators, the deadeneing, the rhino liner,the highs, my door pods etc I've done mods too the box since just to improve numbers always trying to improve my numbers so saying bill built my system is wrong he built my box. And bill is a good trusted friend so no discredit to him. In fact who built your sytems that you take credit for alpine? I've been installing since 1985 that's 26yrs I've worked for many professional audio shops for half that time and always the one to help a friend out on a build, that's cause I love car audio its my passion

Im still gonna work dat azz at finals..

lol..

You deserve member of the month Ray..

see ya soon brochacho

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Thanks ray im going to give you my all

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

He's got my vote.

Not too often do we see someone who is new to competing go at it full speed their first year. It's nice to see their love for the hobby and the passion to keep trying new things to get louder. Yea, I did build his box, but he came in with a wealth of knowledge in car audio that made it very easy for us to work together. besides, he also came to me with an already bangin system. Blowin those DD's is what hooked him to compete. Most people would of walked away at such an expensive try. He is far from a knob turner. I'm glad we met, and he is a hell of a friend. I am honored to have been the one to build his box.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thanks guys its been a great year for me and I'm honored for the nomination. I've met a lot of good people at the shows and always had a great time win or lose. And these next weeks coming up should be a blast 5 shows I'm going to compete in:-)Hopefully ill win a few a lot of people have stepped up there game so the competition is tough . Hope to see you all there doing what I do. Enjoying caraudio

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I voted for you as well Ray as has been said already you are a dedicated competitor who is positive guy who gives it his all in the lanes even if you blow a woofer you will still compete never bitch or complain willing to give demos to who ever wants to hear that beast as well as check it out when you are at a show doing p&p in meca you know where I will be by your door enjoying the bass pouring out the door your a good guy and an inspiration to guys just getting interested in competing

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Bump for my teammate who has probabley spent more in recones for his current system then EVERY setup I have ever owned...

and Im sorry you feel that way Alpine, Ray has given Bill props in all his build logs, system of the month nominations etc.. Ray has done a huge portion of his build, and importantly, the tweaks and tinkers as well as the willingness to try new things. He is certainly more then a knob turner, as Bill stated above

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

bump

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

half the people who compete don't do their build themselves...i'll vote for him not because he built or didn't build it himself, but because he seems like a nice guy to me who helps others out.

I'm totally against the whole, i paid someone to do it for me and now i'm a champion i'm the best suck my cock attitudes that are all over the competition scene, but as i said before, he seems like a cool guy in the times Ive met him, and hes never had or started any drama that i know of. Member of the month imo should be a judge os someones character not their build. because lets face it with enough money ANYONE can have an awesome build.