What clip light?

on the AQ gain knob..

OrionStang has a thread on this. I didn't really follow it though. I've experienced the same thing.

I think the clip light is just premature.

When I set my gains, I know the tone was clean, but the DD1 said I had no clipping, while the clip light said EVERYTHING was clipped.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

What clip light?

on the AQ gain knob..

OrionStang has a thread on this. I didn't really follow it though. I've experienced the same thing.

I think the clip light is just premature.

When I set my gains, I know the tone was clean, but the DD1 said I had no clipping, while the clip light said EVERYTHING was clipped.

I think I saw that, I know my headunit is clean up to 34, and I know my gain is set right, and decaf music is clean

Guess ill just slam and cover that light haha

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

lol^^^

so for the highs, we use the -5 track?

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

a good majority of music i mess with ends up -5db or louder... so you are clipping because you used a test tone that was quieter than the music you are playing

i see it being suggested to use -10db for subs alot, but as stated above there's plenty of music (not just mine) thats louder than that, so u will run the chance of clipping the amp anytime you play something louder than the test tone used. typically you see more people using -5db to -3db for more "safety"

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Has anyone ran into this problem using a preamp? I couldn't get mine to clip on the fullrange or sub output using -5 or -10 should I be using the 0db track like the deck?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Has anyone ran into this problem using a preamp? I couldn't get mine to clip on the fullrange or sub output using -5 or -10 should I be using the 0db track like the deck?

Yes use 0db. Gain overlap is set at the amplifier not the deck or the processor.

Helix P SIX DSP

Audiofrog GS10/GS60

Hertz HSV165XL (Rear Fill)

Do you have a gain pot on the back of your preamp ray?

What ac voltage out of the preamp are you getting?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Do you have a gain pot on the back of your preamp ray?

What ac voltage out of the preamp are you getting?

Pots are all the way up will check ac voltage tommorrow its a arc audio i think its like 8v:

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

If your getting 8v out no need for anymore. Lol

Thats way more than enough.

I back mine down to 5.5-6volts. Plenty of input big guy

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz