Second Skin Audio

HELP - Subs not loud

Hobbs155

Dude I'm not a professional or anything, but to me it just seems like that amp sucks horribly bad, I'm talking like boss status! Seriously, it's Max power is like 60,000 watts, and RMS is 10,000 watts with a 2awg power input!? Like seriously, go look at the site he linked and you'll see the problem, it's a fucking shitty amp man, no offense. And not only did I think that from the very first post, but as you keep examining the problem it's just seeming more and more obvious. And all this dudes are like "hmm I don't think it does rated?" well fucking duh it doesn't!!!!!!!! With 2ga power inputs

amp looks close to the same size as a sundown 3k.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Dude I'm not a professional or anything, but to me it just seems like that amp sucks horribly bad, I'm talking like boss status! Seriously, it's Max power is like 60,000 watts, and RMS is 10,000 watts with a 2awg power input!? Like seriously, go look at the site he linked and you'll see the problem, it's a fucking shitty amp man, no offense. And not only did I think that from the very first post, but as you keep examining the problem it's just seeming more and more obvious. And all this dudes are like "hmm I don't think it does rated?" well fucking duh it doesn't!!!!!!!! With 2ga power inputs

amp looks close to the same size as a sundown 3k.

It's case does, but with 1 2ga input it can possibly be like a 3k. And I have a crescendo bc2k and I saw an older mbquart discus 1000 the other day that was over twice the size, but it isn't more powerful. I'm just saying, if the amp were any sort of a good buy, it would be a lot more common. Personally I stay really far away from any company that overrates their products that bad

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

I thought he said it had 2 2awg inputs?

I doubt it does 2k but I might be wrong

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

thank you for you opinion, i guess i will be looking for better amp to test out and prob see where i go from there. I guess its my only option.

It does have 2AWG connections, the amp dosent even get warm.

HU: Alpine CDA-9886 with Imprint Module

Fronts: Alpine SPR-60C

Rears: Alpine SPR-60

Amps: Alpine PDX4.150 and ICE Power 20000D

Subs: 1 x 15" Rockford T2D215

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

Eh, like I said... I'm not a pro but see if there is someone around that has an amp that for sure does rated or close to it at 2ohms. I can't see where your from cause I'm on my phone, but doesn't seem like the USA just from your choice of certain words, and buying an amp from south africa, so if you don't know anyone that has amps like sundown, audioque, or any of the other brands that are usually brought up in this site, try to find someone that has an alpine, kicker, Rockford fosgate, or even JL amp. Just mainly an amp that we all know does rated so we can for sure rule that out, because I can almost promise you that there isn't 1 person on here that has that amp or has seen one in real life! And just cause it doesn't get hot doesn't mean anything, I saw a "kingwood" 1.2k amp and it was the same way, it was decently sized, weighed a bit but didn't get loud at all!!! Actually later it was replaced with a 400watt Pyle amp and it was 2x as loud, while still sucking of course lol. But the point I'm making is that these companies will do anything to sell their shit, and people buy them. Size doesn't always matter... It's just worth a try I'd say

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

The amp was given to me by a friend in South Africa, I told him i did not want that amp and would rather prefer another one but i guessed if it was for free and it was that size, i was hoping to at least get 2000w rms out of it. Car audio is pretty expensive here in Australia, i think we pay almost double of what it is in USA and the exchange rate at the moment is very close. Kinda sucks.

I will speak to my local car audio dealer who lent me the sound stream and see what he says about putting in an alpine or rockford amp in there and test it.

What do you think of the box the subs are in?

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

or maybe the replacment amp is still not giving the one sub enough power to sound any better

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

Show pictures of the box and what did you do with the port?

It's supposed to be ..x..x.. instead of ..x..

How long is the port? because i see it's 2inch x 7inch x how long?

It's not the amp.

Can you check if the subwoofers are in phase? Put a 9volt battery against the + and - on every coil and the cone should all move in the same direction.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

i will check the phase of the subs, they are round ports 2" dia x 7" long but they are just make shift, the box was originally built with 3" dia x 3.5" long ports but they dont sound very good. the 2" ports sound a whole lot better although not perfect.

What do you mean "It's supposed to be ..x..x.. instead of ..x..

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

Archived