Sonic Electronix

spending $10,000 on a system

audiosavings has kinetik 2400s for 300 shipped, or really close to that, and they work, but just are not the best... but far from the worst..

I would get 2 alts, get a stetsom 7k2d or 2 and call it a day, but thats because im biased on them amps, because i ran it at .1 for awhile and when i did testing i had a rise to .5 and it ran like a champ. I also beat hte living piss out of it and it wouldnt die..

Im also biased towards DC subs, BUT FI/AA will take care of you as well, I had 3 18" Lvl 5s in a b pillar wall doing 55s on music at the headrest, it has alot to do with the box. you could prob get 1 7k on 4 XL 15s and get mid 50s.

but electrical is a must.. i hate sitting at 9-10v when playing full tilt.

and, you really need to get pricing for all the equipment... i spent 5k total on everything, and i mean everything including labor...

LOL you shouldnt be anywhere near 10k if you go by real pricing

did you clamp your stetsom 7k to see what it put out?

DB don has his at 1 ohm nominal @ 18v and is clamping 14k off two of them. Not sure what his rise is, but he has 2 300ish amp alts and 6 or 7 batteries.

audiosavings has kinetik 2400s for 300 shipped, or really close to that, and they work, but just are not the best... but far from the worst..

I would get 2 alts, get a stetsom 7k2d or 2 and call it a day, but thats because im biased on them amps, because i ran it at .1 for awhile and when i did testing i had a rise to .5 and it ran like a champ. I also beat hte living piss out of it and it wouldnt die..

Im also biased towards DC subs, BUT FI/AA will take care of you as well, I had 3 18" Lvl 5s in a b pillar wall doing 55s on music at the headrest, it has alot to do with the box. you could prob get 1 7k on 4 XL 15s and get mid 50s.

and, you really need to get pricing for all the equipment... i spent 5k total on everything, and i mean everything including labor...

yep its the 1 ohm amp, but, starting at 1.4 rising to 2 ohms even, i get 6000 clamped at 10v :)

edit

wired it to .175, fluke read 000.1 ohm lol and rose to .5 and still clamped 6000 out of it, so i wired it back

wow i didnt realize those amps were such beasts LOL

i have like the only one that can handle all the abuse i have ever put to it, all the 14ks and bigger would die on the shit ive done to it, but no one that knows me can say anything negative about the 7K2D

if you get any stetsom amp, get the KD, the KE series is supposed to have some issues

how come you think the bigger ones would die out faster? so you think the 7ks are the best choice?

because i know a few people who im on their team with, who have had a total of like 16 14ks while they were using stetsom, and they would just randomly blow...

and they were clamping the same power im getting out of my amp, out of theirs at 18v lol

That doesnt make any sense HAHA wtf. your making me not want stetsom anymore, maybe you got a lucky amp.. or did you mod it??

maybe i was a lucky one, or maybe just the higher amps suck ass, i dunno, but i cant say anything negative about my 7k2d

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Hell it looks like your looking into great equipment and if you have the electrical to back that power up I see no reason you wouldn't be up in the mid to high 150's. Just need a proper design too. If you want crescendo amps let me know and ill hook you up. Im a sale rep for them and their new 2

channel for mids and highs are sick!

U should have just told him to drop it off here, and cut me loose.

Defiant Audio

302-335-5808

www.defiantaudiollc.com

you tube: search Defiant Audio

Smyrna Delaware

"Does anyone else turn their system down at street light to see if anyone else has Bass too?

I think i may have a problem"

Where can I find a "Bass Anonymous?"

yep its the 1 ohm amp, but, starting at 1.4 rising to 2 ohms even, i get 6000 clamped at 10v :)

edit

wired it to .175, fluke read 000.1 ohm lol and rose to .5 and still clamped 6000 out of it, so i wired it back

i have like the only one that can handle all the abuse i have ever put to it, all the 14ks and bigger would die on the shit ive done to it, but no one that knows me can say anything negative about the 7K2D

if you get any stetsom amp, get the KD, the KE series is supposed to have some issues

how come you think the bigger ones would die out faster? so you think the 7ks are the best choice?

because i know a few people who im on their team with, who have had a total of like 16 14ks while they were using stetsom, and they would just randomly blow...

and they were clamping the same power im getting out of my amp, out of theirs at 18v lol

That doesnt make any sense HAHA wtf. your making me not want stetsom anymore, maybe you got a lucky amp.. or did you mod it??

Stetsom and SD both have had numerous issues, but 99% of them are with their higher powered amps.

edit

quite alot of them it seems

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

edit

Stetsom and SD both have had numerous issues, but 99% of them are with their higher powered amps.

yep, i havent really seen any issues with the 7k or lower models, just the 9k or higher of either brand

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Id honestly look into them or the SD 8ks. Ive talked to a handful of members on here who LOVE their 8/12k SDs. The 16ks sound like they have major issues sometimes though, and arent really a daily amp. DC is always a good option for amps too now though. :drink40:

Id honestly look into them or the SD 8ks. Ive talked to a handful of members on here who LOVE their 8/12k SDs. The 16ks sound like they have major issues sometimes though, and arent really a daily amp. DC is always a good option for amps too now though. :drink40:

ok ill check into SD amps. but there are so many choices i wish i could try them all.

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

Archived