Sonic Electronix

Can anyone look at what I said, I have a somehwat similar thing happening to me, and confused on how to change it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

um its because you are trying to pressurize space forward and behind the box. regardless if you think you have it sealed off its obviously not. you proved that by openign the trunk and it getting louder. if you did that and it was actually sealed off you'd notice no output change. I dont know why thats so hard to comprehend at all. If you want to put your woofers there wall it off. you already wasted the space so why not go balls out.

I guess he completely disregarded my first post. :shrug:

thats what happends when you tell people something they dont wanna hear even if its the truth

fyi sitting a box where the backseat is unless its a wall sux!! I would be able to get way louder with the subs in the trunk

Another thing I never got. You build in the backseat (which normally blows...) but dont want to wall? So what, you can see out the rear? :lol:

and his port is on the wrong side as well. unless he's trying to be loud in the area between the steering whele and windshield.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Can anyone look at what I said, I have a somehwat similar thing happening to me, and confused on how to change it.

Most cars are louder with a door(s) open or a window(s) down. Just depends on the vehicle/setup.

Edited by That1Kid

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

power persure and res freq is messing you up

1.with lil power your system relies on your cabin res freq. to get loud

2. with the car sealed up the subs build up pessure needing more power to move whn you open the door/window that pessure is released letting your subs move more making that 50 watts act more like a 100 watts

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

K, so Lets say I put a T500.1bdCp on the subs, would it still be the same or would I gain some low end with everything closed.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

K, so Lets say I put a T500.1bdCp on the subs, would it still be the same or would I gain some low end with everything closed.

cant say yes or no i dunno every car reacts differntly it will get louder i promis that

i had a car that would peak out at 55 hz even if a build a box to 25 hz and would only hit lows opend up

i hated that truck for lows

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

um its because you are trying to pressurize space forward and behind the box. regardless if you think you have it sealed off its obviously not. you proved that by openign the trunk and it getting louder. if you did that and it was actually sealed off you'd notice no output change. I dont know why thats so hard to comprehend at all. If you want to put your woofers there wall it off. you already wasted the space so why not go balls out.

I guess he completely disregarded my first post. :shrug:

i havent disregarded anybodys post im taking everything into consideration i apreciate all the help from everyone just cause i didnt reply dosnt mean i didnt listen ive decided to just go ahead and wall it off again im just waiting till i build the perfect box its just hard to decide whats perfect when i know that the sq is gonna change when i do wall it off. im actually talikng to a fosgate rep right now on what would be perfect. im looking to be loud and low not really worried about numbers i just want to be loud to the ear. but anyways thanks for the assistance in the matter im always open to any ne info i might not have known befor