Attn: Chevrolet Blazer owners or technicians

A month ago my instrument cluster lights went out so i went and bought a light switch and that fixed the problem for a few days. They went out again so i bought another switch figuring the first one was faulty. Now the chevrolet garage wants 450.00 to replace my instrument cluster and more for another switch. My gauge lights dont work and the heat/air-conditioning lights dont work. I was wondering if i could get a opinion on what i should do from here. I need the lights because i drive alot at night.

Ohh the gauges work just fine when the lights dont. I wonder if it is the cluster i could just hardwire each of the lights so they work ahha. Moneys kinda tight and im refusing to fix something that isnt broke.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Thats what i was thinking. There was a guy on the forum i asked to convert the lights to blue led i think ill just get ahold of him and ask if he can make them switchable. Might actually benefit from this.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I have the same problem, my wires were all stripped and shorting out and popping fuses, a used instrument cluster is about $100, from a junk yard. My blazer has serious wire issues though, might be something to check.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

The reason you can't find the bulbs you want is that they are 194's and not 196's, if you can't get power to power the ones you currently have than getting led's won't help. I would go to an auto electrical shop and see what they say but auto specific forums are a great wealth of info and they may have a solution to your problem.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

the lights in that cluster are incandescent bulbs you can replace. crack it open (actually it's about 16 torx screws) and see what kind you need. If it's a faulty circuit then start at the fuse and work your way forward.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

None of my fuses popped since this problem started occurring. I think it may just be the cluster is there any way of just hard-wiring the leds in the cluster with a toggle switch? Ooh the check engine light and hatch open lights work also the mileage and forward reverse lights work in the cluster as is. Its just the tach, speedometer, gas gauge, voltmeter, oil pressure, engine temp gauges don't lightup but work nonetheless...

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts