Second Skin Audio

FI BTL n2 18 box help please

Just for clarification, the t/s parameters don't change much after the sub breaks in. The three main parameters that matter: Qts, Fs, and Vas, will hardly change at all. Fs will drop a little, and Vas will go up slightly. It's definitely nothing that will change the kind of box you should be using.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

One more question though.. The port should be 12-16 sq inches per cubic feet.. Is this before port and all the displacements? but say the box is 7 cubes.. that means anywhere from 84-112 sq inches of port. Well lets say 112. is this 112 just the height and width of the port? Do you not add in the length of the port?

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

The general 12-16sq per is after displacements. Using Torres will tell you your net airspace and the amount of port area. And port area is simply HxW, say your looking for 27sqin of port, you would want 9Hx3W. You do not take length into account.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

The general 12-16sq per is after displacements. Using Torres will tell you your net airspace and the amount of port area. And port area is simply HxW, say your looking for 27sqin of port, you would want 9Hx3W. You do not take length into account.

ok, i kind of figured that, because otherwise it wouldnt make any sense. :drinks:

well, you will eventually take length into account, when it comes time for tuning :)

but for just port area, you are right :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I have two N2 18's in exactly 12 cubes/6 cubes per sub. 17.5 sq in of port per cube. Tuned to 37 Hz. On two AQ 2200's. Only had them for two days, but they sound great(best sounding sub I've owned) and put up pretty good scores to be so stiff.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

I have two N2 18's in exactly 12 cubes/6 cubes per sub. 17.5 sq in of port per cube. Tuned to 37 Hz. On two AQ 2200's. Only had them for two days, but they sound great(best sounding sub I've owned) and put up pretty good scores to be so stiff.

Nice, your wall looks pretty sexy ;p