Second Skin Audio

whats wrong with jl audio

cardy

I have a jl audio amp their good quality but it can hurt your wallet.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Well I have taken apart JL subs and you can get MUCH better subs for the price!!!! But their amps are bad ass man like the 1000/1 is supposed to do 1k at 1.5-4 ohms.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

+1 million on overpriced....shit is to damned expensive for what you get in return...Shop around, buy smart, and you will spend half as much as the JL nuthuggers and have a system that will shit all over theirs.... :drinks:

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I have (not running them anymore) but i have 2 JL w3v3 12"s. They are 600watts RMS. And they sounded pretty good in my jeep. not gonna lie. I paid like 180 each. Now I recently bought a DC 12" lvl 3 and it, in its box, sounds louder in my new car and pushes more air than both, for about the same price and RMS power handling as 1 JL. I still like them I just like my DC stuff better. :)

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

well guys all i can tell you is that i was up in Miami last week and i i gone over to JL AUDIO for a tour and all i can say is WOW these guys are so into their products it's no joke the time and everything they put into it is unbelievable. I now know why their products cost so much and the sound you get out them is sick i have A HD600/4 and a HD1200/1 and a 13W7AE in a ported box tune with SMD DD-1 , fronts are JL AUDIO ZR650 and rear is JL AUDIO 650X and all i can say is sick but not for SPL but can get loud and clean but cost is alot but sounds is sick thanks

i started out w a little JL 8 inch W3v2D4 and an E150...so JL will always have that "little place in my heart" but in all honesty their price is just WAYYY to damn high. you could get a 5k DC amp for the price of a JL 10001 and a couple subs for the price of a Dub 7...great SQ out of the W7s other than that i dont really care for JL. too damn priey

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Its high as hell true. You really can't JL Audio to all these SPL brands listed in this thread. I mean really. SQ is not meant to get loud and put up numbers. SQ products are also very pricey. So lets compare apples to apples. JL may still be too high for SQ guys that can get more bang for the buck. SQ will never be as cheap or as loud as SPL dollar for dollar.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

You guys really think that cost too much?

You should have bought equipment 20 years ago when they all charged that much for everything you bought, but it was all made in america with companies that stood behind the products they made. We didn't mind spending what we spent at that time for it cause we knew we were getting some kickass gear.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You guys really think that cost too much?

You should have bought equipment 20 years ago when they all charged that much for everything you bought, but it was all made in america with companies that stood behind the products they made. We didn't mind spending what we spent at that time for it cause we knew we were getting some kickass gear.

so are you saying anything other than JL is crap because it wasn't made in america?

is it wrong to get the cheaper item if it does the task just as well? Or if the difference is negligible compared to the price difference?

i'm sorry, i disagree with some of the points you've made, sir. if you care to debate this further, feel free.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

For those choosing to not buy from online stores then jl audio and others are in line on price on some of the gear they sell but i will agree on the upper end of things where the cost just sky rockets. They do make some damn good amps that quite a few use in sq builds with success. My point was that jl's price per watt really hasn't changed much over the years where other companies have dropped the price of the gear they sell. I have used them along with many many other companies over the years and have been quite happy with what i purchased, they managed to get some patents on some designs and can charge what they want to for it. That is one point many people tend to overlook.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived