This CD really sounds good in my car, except it gets my subs a bit warmer than other songs. Is there a way to check if the song is recorded with clipping in it? I have audacity and opened it up in there but I have no idea what I am looking at! THanks :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

A lot of Flo Rida's stuff is clipped to shit, I'll occasionally put some on to demo, but never usually run around with it at full blast.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

just zoom really far in until you can see the individual waves and go across and look for any flatten tops

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Haha I see some funnies! I downloaded the newest version of Audacity and used the show clipping feature and it had some clipping. I was really surprised though that linkin park had so much clipping. Shit was bright red :(

Thanks for the help!

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Checking for clipping:

Using 'show clipping' tool to see red spots you believe to be clipping = No!!

Zooming into the track to look for flat spots in the song (pretty much a normal wave that looks like the top has been 'clipped' off) = Yes :good:

Oh, so I did it wrong? All of Flo Rida's stuff was very not normal looking. Most of it wasn't flat but none of it was smooth. I didn't zoom in on the LP song

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

The best way to determine whether or not a song is clipped is to look for flat spots, but if you look at a song and it just doesn't look right, or you're subs are getting warm quickly by playing it, id say don't play that song on you're system or have it at a lower volume then you normally would :)

Open the CD in Windows Media Player, choose to view the Now Playing screen, Right click the screen and choose Bars & Waves>O-Scope....now you can see the animations of the waves, any squared off flat spots means clipping. Be smart with the volume knob, know when your HU clips (if at all) and make sure your amps are setting to produce a clean signal and you should be fine. To me a clipped signal is worse than a clipped song, unless the song is clipped so bad its distorted (Gucci Mane - Swing My Door)

I just download the new Boss Hogg Outlawz album Serve & Collect 3 and it bangs but unfortunately clipped on every single song. Still gonna bang it though, just not as loud as normal.

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical