world finals dodge stratus trunk build

so... your using 2 "wet" batts in the tire well, of which are not matching, and dont appear to be secured down or vented either... Also, doesnt appear that any deadner was used, or anything.. :unknw:

That is the new way to get loud, you didn't get that memo? :pardon:

oh it'll get loud alright.. once anyways.

Only retards use deadener.

peel-n-seal :drinks:

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

nice build man! Gotta love trunk builds! They're a pain in the ass for sure. how do those type X's sound?

they sound really good love them i will be posting video of it in few. for guy thanks this bad install must not do spl installs or trunks like this. this alot work probably 24/48 hours of work easy and i am just 15 hours in on it show far. it will be glassed and carpeted on back side and more stuff to add by finals. remember this is build so until i say its done its done lol. if you chose to bad mouth it go some where else sure people dont want read your crap.

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

10 door speakers threw out car

kenwood head unit.

spl scores from trunk: 147.7db on 2k

extreme out side window-129.2db

kaos 3 min average music-138.3db

Did you paint your amp, or buy it like that?

The heat sinks for those audiopipes are behind the little grills down the sides of them amp, the need to not be covered in paint in order to work effectively.

the guy had painted amp flat black not me. i got dirt cheap because of this. dont bother me any cuz still puts out same power does what i need it to do. the holes are not covered just hard to see them in the pic but they are there

In an SPL install, I can see how the paint wouldn't matter because you're only using it for <10 seconds at a time.

But if you plan on doing any amount of daily playing, that black is gonna insulate and absorb a fuck ton of heat.

I know you said you were going to run fans, but I'd still try to remove the paint.

This is just my opinion, so do as you please.

i actually ran this daily at 1.5 ohms didnt get any hotter than normal. plus its in my trunk zero air flow hints going to put some massive pc fans on it. ya idk what kind paint it is but idk why guy did though. i only run mostly comps cuz i have a son so cant play it while he in car. i will end up stripping it cuz looks ugly anyway.

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

kenwood head unit.

Youd be amazing that even a layer of deadener can increase scores by full numbers not by decimals! I used to run a pair of 12's fired in cab and thought the same, eh I wont need deadener its firing in cab, WRONG!!! I lost an incredible amount of pressure just due to vibration. That subtle vibration can effect air movement just enough to drop you full numbers, not just a fraction! I went from the 145-146db @ 46hz, to adding a layer of deadener and throwing a couple cans of foam to hitting a 149.3 all on only 2k rms!

So hitting 150-160, without using deadener is a helluva a lot harder, but also has got to sound like ass, due to the extreme panel vibration. But like every install, its up to the owner/installer on where to spend their money.

I get where you're coming from, however, this is a case of YMMV.

There used to be another guy here. I think he was sponsored by Sundown. Could be wrong though. Either way, he had an Altima. He installed deadener and lost on the meter. Sounded a lot better, but on the meter he did worse. He then spend a few hours removing it all.

There are a few other people on here, like yourself, that installed deadener and gained.

IT really just depends upon the vehicle.

That said, without the OP trying it, he could be leaving a couple dB on the table.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Youd be amazing that even a layer of deadener can increase scores by full numbers not by decimals! I used to run a pair of 12's fired in cab and thought the same, eh I wont need deadener its firing in cab, WRONG!!! I lost an incredible amount of pressure just due to vibration. That subtle vibration can effect air movement just enough to drop you full numbers, not just a fraction! I went from the 145-146db @ 46hz, to adding a layer of deadener and throwing a couple cans of foam to hitting a 149.3 all on only 2k rms!

So hitting 150-160, without using deadener is a helluva a lot harder, but also has got to sound like ass, due to the extreme panel vibration. But like every install, its up to the owner/installer on where to spend their money.

I get where you're coming from, however, this is a case of YMMV.

There used to be another guy here. I think he was sponsored by Sundown. Could be wrong though. Either way, he had an Altima. He installed deadener and lost on the meter. Sounded a lot better, but on the meter he did worse. He then spend a few hours removing it all.

There are a few other people on here, like yourself, that installed deadener and gained.

IT really just depends upon the vehicle.

That said, without the OP trying it, he could be leaving a couple dB on the table.

yep thats what i said depends on car like s10 extended cab will not gain cuz fact the sub so close to mic my friend didnt gain at all cuz of it. to me i will see what does and go from there to me few tenth can be made from box and modding port or flipping sun visor just little stuff that adds up. for cost of deadner i will deal with that lose. i have already foamed my trunk so that part to me helps alot on body flex.

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

kenwood head unit.

Archived