Jump to content

Do you tip when you go out to eat?


Recommended Posts

Posted

im on the other end of things working at cracker barrel in the mornings and tgif in the evenings. i appreciate great tips of course, but for 95% of my tables, i am busting my ass to give great service and to put a smile on my guests face. so i feel that 20% or above is appropriate when the service is good or great. But when im hungover or something, and i move slow or forget something, then its completly at your discression. I return the same favor when i go out to eat as well. i will tip up to 50% when i go out if someone does a really really good job. but if they dont even appear to be trying or looking like they give a damn, then ill tip pretty shitty.

Posted

20% at most places. If the food is outstanding and so is the service I could go 30%. Six of us went out one night and spent like 200 on food and liquor and she was on us like white on rice the whole time. Extremely courteus, funny, comfortable with the group. We all tossed up and left a 50. As we were leaving she ran out after us saying we left it by accident. We said; "Nope, that's yours." That is a good waitress. She could've been feigning ignorance but it didn't matter.lol She brought her "A" game and we appreciated it.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

Usually about %20

5% hot chick

5% big tits

5%... big tits

5% service.

Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.
Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470
Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)
Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1
Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4
Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.
Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AH
Alternator: 250A Excessive Amperage.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/

Posted

I can't beleive how many of you guys tip for crappy service!?

I beleive in generous tips for good service, but tipping for crap?? That's like giving someone a trophy just for showing up; oops, that seems to be the way it is these days. Sigh.

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

Posted

I serve part time and living in Iowa, tips aren't that good. Most people don't realize that i make 4.35 an hour so if I don't get tips, I don't make much. Being that I work At a Full service resturaunt 15% is for NORMAl service. I generally average about 12%.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

Posted

Yes it's a US custom.

In France you don't tip. It's already included in each "item".

But if you are happy with the service you can do what you want.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted

Nope never tip and never will :good:

it's a US custom...I do not tip when I am outside the US...and I feel weird about it

This is very true, however when i was in the US i never tipped as i dont belive in it, When i move to the US i highly doubt ill tip even then. im not trying to be a cunt or start a war about it but as far as i see it your already being payed to do your job so you dont need me to pay you more for doing your job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3899 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...