DC Sound Lab

I think the 3.5k for the pair will be nice. Right now im putting about 1k rms to each of mine and they are begging for more power. Its gonna come down to box i suppose too though. Will it be normal lvl 4 or are you doing lvl 5 coils/extra spiders?

2000 ZX3-D3400 UP FRONT PAIR OF D3100'S IN THE BACK WITH A MECHMAN 220A FEEDING THEM

2 15" DC XLm2'S ON A PAIR OF DC 3.5K'S @1.4ohms

2 SETS OF ?? COMPS OFF DC 174.4

Team DC/ Team Shok

yeah, you'll be good with a 3.5k just set it with a scope or dd1. i have my 2 12" level 4's on a 5k amp and they would get smelly if i pushed them too hard. tuned with the dd1, and theyre amazing.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

So how many watts is everyone running to their Level 4's daily? I hear some say they won't handle that much, and some say they will... Thinking about walling 2 level 4 18's on the DC 3.5k. Too much power for them? I'd really rather not have to upgrade to the XLs, but any sort of input is welcome.

On the stock Level 4s, I would go with either a 1.2k per or a 2k for the pair. The 3.5k would be too much for me.

id think that would be a little too much power. just turn the gain down a bit and you should be fine.

also, you better do a build log i wanna see this. :drink40:

NO! The gain is not a power knob, you dont just turn it up and down to get more or less power. You want to set your gain to to match the RCA output voltage of the headunit. This is the proper way to set you amplifier.

I got a question so I see a lot of people get lvl4s with lvl5 softs, whats the difference between that and an xl? Just the motor?

The Level 4 comes with the Level 4 coil and 2 medium spiders. The Level 4 with the 5 upgrade comes with the Level 4 coil and 1 stiff and 1 medium spider. The XL is its own motor and comes with 3 stiff spiders and the Level 5 coil.

Don't know where I read this but RMS plus 25% more power is good.

But I guess it all depends on how hard and much you push your subs. During the week I only listen to the on the commute back home from work. During the weekends I beat those b******es down. Haha.

I run a lvl 4 15 on a dc 2k @1ohm daily... It gets hot after like 45 minutes, but it takes the power alright

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Wow. Got alot more, and more positive input than I expected to receive. Usually I have to come up with a catchy topic name to get everyone's attention. :peepwall: I know how hard I can push a woofer before it goes when I'm running it, I just don't want to buy one, and find out it can't handle what I was expecting it to. I'd assume with level 5 soft parts on a level 4, the cost difference would almost make more sense to go with XL's.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.