Port Area:

14-16in^2 per ft^3 using a slot port.

9-12in^2 per ft^3 using an aero port.

Box Scpecifications:

10" Subwoofer - 1ft^3

12" Subwoofer - 1.5ft^3

15" Subwoofer - 3ft^3

18" Subwoofer - 6ft^3

Generally spoken 1,000wrms seems to be the average point in which you look to upgrade stock electrical.

Your enclosure is arguably the most important aspect of your stereo system. (Sub stage)

Acoustical energy is free, learn to use it.

ha good luck with those guidelines

The thread is asking for general rules. What exactly do you see wrong with my "general" list. Go to ANY box building thread and you will see word for word the given port specifications. That's where I picked those up. Also look and recommended specifications of any given "decent" subwoofer, tell me those numbers don't match up to the "generally" given recommended box specifications. This list to my understanding is basically a quick reference for those that may not have a clue as to what they are doing, or for a quick reference as to where to start. And acoustical energy is free. Build an efficient enclosure and you won't need so much power to get "loud."

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

never buy from a stereo shop.

this is definitely not true. If my local shop carried what I wanted I would buy from them. Thinking like this will kill car audio. Keep that in mind the next time you have a question and a guy like Ray gives you the answer with a step by step how to. Your issue was solved by the guy who works 16 hours a day at a shop just to make ends meet and to help keep the hobby alive.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

this is definitely not true. If my local shop carried what I wanted I would buy from them. Thinking like this will kill car audio. Keep that in mind the next time you have a question and a guy like Ray gives you the answer with a step by step how to. Your issue was solved by the guy who works 16 hours a day at a shop just to make ends meet and to help keep the hobby alive.

This for damn sure. Half the local audio shops dont know what theyre talking about, but how the fuck can you beat an in house warranty from the good shops for example. No hassle with shipping or dealing with the company, its busted, they give you a new one. Amazing. What about basic knowledge or issues you run into? You have a good local shop, most will atleast help walk you through it to find the issue, which is like having a free forum but instant answers and they have a phone number.

This is so true, and it goes for so much more than audio, kinda like feeling good about paying more for something American made.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

don't be surprised when if you cheap out, your equipment also "cheaps out"

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

• 2 weeks later...

Archived