Second Skin Audio

Hcca?

SundownSaz1500

I've owned a 12.2 before feeding that monster with 2K pure power from a RF amp. I switched it out for a DC XL15" tho. Don't get me wrong I loved the HCCA. I just wanted to try something different. The HCCA destroys the lows. For me I'm a guy that loves the lows. Not to comparing subs or saying what is best, to me DC XL sounds better and pounds harder but the HCCA gets WAAAY lower and is A LOT more louder powerful. I will get a 15.2 sometime in the future. If u want numbers there's subs out there other than HCCA that'll put up great numbers. But if u wanna rock your neighborhood then u can't go wrong with the HCCA's.

link I'm posting is just to show you pick of mine.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112577-orion-hcca-152-question/page__p__1574162__fromsearch__1#entry1574162

I sold my ps3 to get a 15.2 recone, didn't blow this cone just wanted to get down to 1ohm off my crescendo 3500 and so far shes doing fine. hits good I don't smell coil warming up at all. just make sure you get a good box design which I myself still need to do.

about only thing I can say is that compared to other subs the efficiency is lower than others, guess this is why people say it takes a bit more than rated to make it bang.powered right she will hit 141db on music, might be able to squeeze a bit more with better overall system tuning and deadening to car and a better choice of song but for now I'm cool with how she bumping.

Ask onebadmonte he saw that himself the other day couldn't have done it without him. Good luck. :drink40:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Well have 2 of them in my everyday driver caddy running off a t40001bd and they r great. I lack some electrical but i havent had any problems at all and they kill the lows!!! here a quick vid i made of them. i will make a better one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always hear about how its bad to mount them sideways...?? Something about the coils.

Hopefully someone who knows can chime in..

Just something to think abou if your planning on mounting them sideways if its true.

No its nothing with the coils its ok to mount them sideways if u have a support brace or bracket because of the weight of the magnet and "over-time" that could start to affect the woofer with all the weight and them being pounded all the time #justsaying. But mines are facing up though.

LOL @ 153 on a single 12" setup at 2,000rms

oh fuck, i just realized it said 153. I meant 143. LOL, my bad guys...

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always hear about how its bad to mount them sideways...?? Something about the coils.

Just something to think abou if your planning on mounting them sideways if its true.

No its nothing with the coils its ok to mount them sideways if u have a support brace or bracket because of the weight of the magnet and "over-time" that could start to affect the woofer with all the weight and them being pounded all the time #justsaying. But mines are facing up though.

exactly, i think the main issue is the weight and price of the subs, you can get a lot of subs that handle more power or better quality for the price of one of these, i only bought mine cause i got a sweet deal on it. Mine is still in original shipping package from the factory, package says 87 pounds, so even accounting for box, Styrofoam and the inch thick mdf baffle its attached to, thats a heavy sub

i plan to mount mine sideways, but i am going to have like 2-3 braces that are form fitted to the subwoofer to make sure it weight is balanced proportionally

exactly, i think the main issue is the weight and price of the subs, you can get a lot of subs that handle more power or better quality for the price of one of these, i only bought mine cause i got a sweet deal on it. Mine is still in original shipping package from the factory, package says 87 pounds, so even accounting for box, Styrofoam and the inch thick mdf baffle its attached to, thats a heavy sub

i plan to mount mine sideways, but i am going to have like 2-3 braces that are form fitted to the subwoofer to make sure it weight is balanced proportionally

Then there u go problem about the mounting is solved. And btw these f*cking absolutely murder the lows hands down, but higher bass notes i really dont like them anyway but as a HCCA owner those could be a lil better. But then again that would require and change of box specs so u cant knock it until you've tried.

Archived