Second Skin Audio

Please Help stuck at 130db

Notoriousj76

Well someone design me a box on paper and post it and i'll build it but I can GAREUNTEE it will NOT peak over 130 no matter how you slice it.... it is impossible. if there is anyone in central Indiana I will damn near pay you to come hear it afterwards...I have never heard a system like mine.... after re-building my box today it unloads more, sounds more like shit, distorts, clips, you name it... it's the worst shit I have heard. I'm either completely retarded or there is some voodoo magic hex on me that curses my ears. I'm so sick of this bullshit I wanna hear someone elses system in person. Literally so upset over this fucking setup I'm ready to wreck my van and collect insurance on it.

well the first thing you can do is get yourself metered on a REAL meter, aka a Termlab, not something that's encased in 2 pieces of vacuum molded plastic that you can pick up at walmart.

edit: and why do you think you got ripped off because you have single voice coil woofers? and also, your box is too big and you dont have enough port area. stop being all mad, k?

Well someone design me a box on paper and post it and i'll build it but I can GAREUNTEE it will NOT peak over 130 no matter how you slice it.... it is impossible. if there is anyone in central Indiana I will damn near pay you to come hear it afterwards...I have never heard a system like mine.... after re-building my box today it unloads more, sounds more like shit, distorts, clips, you name it... it's the worst shit I have heard. I'm either completely retarded or there is some voodoo magic hex on me that curses my ears. I'm so sick of this bullshit I wanna hear someone elses system in person. Literally so upset over this fucking setup I'm ready to wreck my van and collect insurance on it.

It's probably the subs....they left the party a LONNNNG time ago it seems like. Not sure they ever made it to the party in the first place.

Lots of good advice in this thread for HOW to fix your problem. I'd take it into consideration and get some different equipment :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

you can hit a 130 with a fucking 12 on 500rms. i dont see why you cant hit a 30 with 2 15s.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I'm going to be at Corona_Jeff's this Friday doing an install with him. He has a TL, scope, and DD1 and is very experienced in loud builds. I'll talk with him here in a few and see if it's cool if you stop by (lives in indy as well. After reading over everything thing tho, box seems way too big and not near enough port area.

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

THE FAWKING WALMART METER CAN ONLY READ UP TO 130 DB. That is all........ Sorry. Felt i needed to. Wait to do anything til you get on a real meter. And most likely your box and the subs being weird or wired weird are the main problems.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

you can hit a 130 with a fucking 12 on 500rms. i dont see why you cant hit a 30 with 2 15s.

he measured that 130 with a scosche spl1000 meter...which is the worst thing to use to measure SPL, next to a phone microphone.

Archived