Sonic Electronix

Hey I'm trying to squeeze some audio into the rear seat of my truck, I think I can get away with about 2 cubic feet of room for a box in there but I don't know whether I should install a 12" Kicker L7 or 2 Kicker CVT12's. Together the two CVT's have 800RMS where as the L7 has 750 but I'm sure the L7 would go harder when hooked up in a vented box.

What do you think the better option would be or does anyone have any preference or any experience with these subs? Also, would I be better off getting a zx750.1 or just using a zx1000.1 but not with full gain?

Cheers for the help :drinks:

Sac

Out of the two, I'd go L7 for sure, no doubt about it!

But there are other options, or are you set on these two? :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

if you can only pick from those go with the cvts. l7s love there airspace and cant get loud without it. but i you could make a decently sized box fit the most diffidently go with the l7

but if your open to suggestions get a sa-12 on the zx1000

Edited by new guy

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

If you can only get away with two cubic feet I wouldn't Do a twelve, I would do an SA-10 in a ported box. 12's usually need around 2ft^3 and for a single sub set up I might even give it a tiny bit more. And you might have 2 cubes gross but after displacements you will lack airspace on your net

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

If you can only get away with two cubic feet I wouldn't Do a twelve, I would do an SA-10 in a ported box. 12's usually need around 2ft^3 and for a single sub set up I might even give it a tiny bit more. And you might have 2 cubes gross but after displacements you will lack airspace on your net

Obsidian 12 do it.

http://obsidiancaraudio.com/index.php?id=6

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

I love obsidian as much or more than most people on this forum, I'm running obsidian right now and I will be running it in my next setup in December! My only doubt is the airspace, if you can get 2ft^3 after displacements and port, I say OA-12 all the way, if thats what you do then shoot me a PM and I can tell you more about them. But if you can't give the sub the proper airspace you are going to be louder with a 10, and if obsidian made a 10 that is what I'd say you should get but they don't so I say SA, or there are a few other respectable original companies around with a nice 10 also

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs