Second Skin Audio

what does a subwoofer box tuned at ? mean ?

KHRISS

i like how you said chopped and screwed music lmfao that sounded funny well mostly classic rock some country some rap hip pop and latin lol

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

Hey KHRISS, your going to be running a LOT of power, and tuned at 35hz, or higher, it's going to be "obnoxiously loud"..... which, if that's what your going for, you should oughta' be able to get it ! Personally, even without having as much power as you do / will, I still prefer a box to be tuned a little lower. I'll take super deep, decently loud bass, over super loud, higher freqency bass any day. But that's just my personal taste.

My box right now, with my port extensions added, is tuned to 31hz, and it does quite well for most of the stuff I listen to.

Peace,

Fish

PS, Thanks for the comps on my truck.

well after i sell my kickers im getting some 3 FI BTL N2 15 would facing up and ported do me any good or what do you suggest

Guessing by how much you know, I wouldnt or you will be spending a lotttt of money with that amount of power with little knowledge. Not to be offensive but you have muchhh to learn before you get into bigger set ups. Start out with what you got, learn from that, and gradually get into the bigger stuff. Trust me, your wallet will thank you. Unless you got a money tree in your backyard that I dont have. :pardon:

this so much trust me dude don't spend any big money on anything car audio before you know your shit. i learned this the hard way. ( well to me buying a single kicker l7 15 and a 200$ amp is alot of money.)

i dont see why you would need anything more then 3 l7s for daily. just try to go ported for now and try to learn more before you buy anything. because im 99% sure once you learn about all the brands out there and what they can do you will change your mind a million times before you pick a sub.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

so the higher the tune number the more bass right and if i tune it at 31 like you said ill get less pounding right?

CURRENT SYSTEM

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

i already spend alot of money on ok brands now after this set up ill be set for a long while thats if rockford fosgate doesn't come out with new stuff lol

CURRENT SYSTEM

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

hey one question i forgot to ask can i still do cubic feet per sub in a ported box?

CURRENT SYSTEM

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

You can't base the level of "pounding" on your tuning frequency, as different tunings will have different bandwidths of frequencies that they play well in.

And as far add your last question...I don't even know what you're getting at. Cubic feet plays a major role in ported enclosures. I hope you pay attention to that

KHRISS, when you say "less pounding".... I'm not sure what you mean ? With the kind of equipment you are talking about "IF" it was set up correctly, "it's going to pound", whether you tune it to 31hz, or 35hz !

Deeper bass though, especially as you start to go below 30hz, is not as audible to the human ear, so on a DB meter, it might still be louder than $#!+.... or, "pounding", but that same DB level at 35hz, or especially even 45hz, will sound WAAAY louder.

Somebody said you shouldn't spend this much on equipment, until you completely know your shiz.... I say, if you have it to spend, go for it ! Just so you understand that "how" your system is set up, is at least as important, if not moreso, than the actual equipment list itself.....

And if it doesn't pound like you hope it will, with a list of stuff like your running, it would be really hard to blame it on the equipment....

Peace,

Fish

PS,

Cubic feet plays a major role in ported enclosures. I hope you pay attention to that

I totally agree..... But of course all the OP has to do, is ask the manufacturer of his subs, what the "optimum cubes" would be for said subs, then run that in your calculator, and follow the numbers. Easy peasy :)

A program your yours Chris T, and Home Depot, can make even a dum-bass like myself, look like he totally knows his shiz ;) LOL

I just LOVE the comment > "You built this yourself" ?!?! Well yes I did..... and I only have about 1/2 a clue more than any other goof-ball walking down the street :) It is science.... but it's really not rocket science :)

pounding lol i mean loud bass like shaking up windows people houses lol well im looking for loud bass and clean / clean i dont want that loud stuff that you cant even hear a single note lol and yes i was into hifonics alot but after i seen stevens stuff got damn then and there i knew i needed to upgrade my amps plus JIM FOSGATE is the one that started this why not have his name on your amps lol

CURRENT SYSTEM

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON