Can you actually get arrested for loud music?

anything from 30ft and they can ticket

Not true everywhere. Most places they give you at least 50 measly ft

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

In my city, during the day there is a city ordinance of 50ft (25ft at night). Its only a civil infraction, so just a fine and no points.

BUT, if you forget to pay it, they will put out a warrent and you can be taken in. Happened to me once, forgot about the ticket and then got pulled over for tint and taken in. Oops! The cop was really cool though and the bond money to get me out paid off the ticket and I was all set to go.

Every city (or even township) is different though.

My whole issue with noise ordinances is that they are not enforced equally across the board. A guy banging his system will likely get pulled over and ticketed . A lifted 4x4 with open headers most likely will not. A Japanese bike with dragpipes most likely will also get ticketed. A Harley with drag pipes most likely will not.

This is at least the case around where I live. I love motorcyles and cars/trucks of all kinds but, my friends and I have been pulled over for both our exhaust and our systems being too loud.

wow are u for real? man that sux dude

What? Wow!! I thought Va was bad about laws. At least here, i've been given warnings for loud music and they just told me the next time it would be ticket

It's on the law books, but I've never see or heard of anyone having D/L suspended.

I guess if the judge wanted it to happen, it would.

It's 85 DBs @ 25 feet, but I see a lot of cops with speed guns and none with DB meters in my area.

The worst punishment I've seen to date

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWH1Tbbnf5I

:trippy:

HAHA I would not make that judge happy! Cartman singing styx? I'd sing along with all of those songs LMFAO I'm just an ass like that tho

Just found out that the noise code here in Tulare, CA is really generalized...

" VC 27007. No driver of a vehicle shall operate, or permit the operation of, any sound amplification system which can be heard outside the vehicle from 50 or more feet when the vehicle is being operated upon a highway, unless that system is being operated to request assistance or warn of a hazardous situation. This section shall not apply to authorized emergency vehicles or vehicles operated by gas, electric, communications, or water utilities. This section does not apply to the sound systems of vehicles used for advertising, or in parades, political or other special events, except that use of sound systems on those vehicles may be prohibited by a local authority by ordinance or resolution. "

Also i think i might invest in a cheapo dB meter just in the odd instance i do get pulled over i can prove it was well within law

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

If i ain't learning, I ain't living.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

I'm broke and i don't want my son deaf before he's 2 haha

I've been fined back in Ireland more then once

Mad Camper is what they call me why you ask well 32 lights on my camper

Moving from a camper to a small hatch back blow engine in hatch back buys a estate that spent 3 years in a field with only sheep as friends in all that time get married and become a full time care giver and loss out boot space for subs :(

HAHA I would not make that judge happy! Cartman singing styx? I'd sing along with all of those songs LMFAO I'm just an ass like that tho

Just found out that the noise code here in Tulare, CA is really generalized...

" VC 27007. No driver of a vehicle shall operate, or permit the operation of, any sound amplification system which can be heard outside the vehicle from 50 or more feet when the vehicle is being operated upon a highway, unless that system is being operated to request assistance or warn of a hazardous situation. This section shall not apply to authorized emergency vehicles or vehicles operated by gas, electric, communications, or water utilities. This section does not apply to the sound systems of vehicles used for advertising, or in parades, political or other special events, except that use of sound systems on those vehicles may be prohibited by a local authority by ordinance or resolution. "

Also i think i might invest in a cheapo dB meter just in the odd instance i do get pulled over i can prove it was well within law

the bolded makes it unconstitutional. doesnt treat all vehicles equally. either that or if you ever get pulled over say youre using it to advertise your installation skills

ill go more into detail by not equally. you can get pulled over for 51ft, but a vehicle used for advertisement or political agenda can be heard 1+ miles away and it be legal

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Here's a question for you all. Why is it always older people that bitch about loud music. Roll up on any HS/college kids full tilt, and they're amazed like "holy shit, thats loud". Do the same to some miserable old fuck, married with 3 kids and he's like, "wtf, turn that bullshit down". It has nothing to do with loud music. Most people just hate their life and need more shit to bitch about.

Orion, I think their is a lot of truth to what your saying. I mean, yea', I'm old.... But I live more like a kid, than any 47 year old I know. I totally enjoy every day of life, I have all kinds of true passions, I'm not married, and have no kids (nor will I ever).

Of course you have to keep in mind, their will always be exceptions.... Like me ;) ......or the occasional young person with the stick up their a$$.

But sure, people who hate their lives certainly do try to bring the people around them, down with them. Fuck those kinds of people.

But also, I try to show some respect in the obvious times and places too. I wouldn't park my car in front of some elderly peoples house, and crank my stereo full tilt for an hour. I was driving by a funeral last week, and turned my stereo way down for that also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey though, as far as getting ticketed for a loud stereo, I think this probably happens more often, in small towns where the cops have nothing better to do. Around my area, they have enough robberies, rapes, murders, gang problems, etc, etc, etc. to worry about. Not much time to spend harassing teenage kids for a loud car stereo.....

I've actually had several instances where I had my stereo cranked to full tilt, and Bam ! Theirs a cop... right beside me, just pulled up behind me, or whatever...... and they didn't even look at me ??? So I'm sitting there thinking..... 1) Whooo.... glad I didn't get hassled for that ! ..... but 2) Damn, is my $#!+ that weak, that he didn't even notice it ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This section does not apply to the sound systems of vehicles used for advertising,

.....but your honor, I'm a drug dealer.... I was using my stereo for advertising ;) LOL

Peace,

Fish

Hey though, as far as getting ticketed for a loud stereo, I think this probably happens more often, in small towns where the cops have nothing better to do.

x2

In the los angeles area you are more likely to get a ticket from a la county sherif then lapd. It all comes down to the area you are in and the ammount of time they have on there hands vs the type of offences that are commited in the area.

But there will alwase be cases of profileing where a cop wants to check out who you are and use any reason to pull you over to find out what you are doing, who you area nd if you are infact breaking any laws.

That's just my two cents.

Archived