Maxim Posted October 8, 2011 Report Posted October 8, 2011 What does clipped mean anyway? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_(audio) If you're using audacity to edit your sweet beatz, hit View -> Show Clipping. Anywhere you see red vertical lines, your song is clipped. Clipping is a form of distortion, and distortion kills speakers. Sends DC current through the voice coil and overheats it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_current wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
pitbullninja Posted October 8, 2011 Author Report Posted October 8, 2011 What does clipped mean anyway? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_(audio) If you're using audacity to edit your sweet beatz, hit View -> Show Clipping. Anywhere you see red vertical lines, your song is clipped. Clipping is a form of distortion, and distortion kills speakers. Sends DC current through the voice coil and overheats it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_current Thank you.
pitbullninja Posted October 8, 2011 Author Report Posted October 8, 2011 Then don't claim your shit to be good music quality lmao. Why do you need bass boost anyways? Well I was giving feedback I got off YouTube. They said it was good so I thought I was doing it right
Mha Posted October 8, 2011 Report Posted October 8, 2011 I understand clipping is not good for speaker and subs but is it realy that bad? I have the bassboost option on my ipod and the bass on my head unit to 3+ maybe 4+ out if 6+ total. I know im probably clipping but my subs have been working for over a year and still goin. Could it be that clipping is not as harmful as some people think.
OrionStang Posted October 8, 2011 Report Posted October 8, 2011 Maxim, you've been here long enough to know that the "show clipping" function on Audacity is not the way to go. You need to actually look for flat spots in the wave-form. With an oscope or on wmv. On Audacity, use the magnifying lens tool to zoom in on the track and look for these spots. Some of the red on Audacity is a 1000th of a sec of clipping, doesn't matter. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Ricky A. Posted October 8, 2011 Report Posted October 8, 2011 What does clipped mean anyway? LOL sir please learn this b4 u start editiing music. BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry156597298 Ford F-150Truck:37" superswamper tsl radials16" ion alloy wheels3" body lift2" suspension liftOffbrand brushguardPIAA driving lights6000K HID'sSystem:2 18" Sundown NightshaedAq3500Custom Fiberglass boxfosgate T1 6x8 Coxialsbass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel2 XS power d3100's0 Gauge
teddyspl42 Posted October 8, 2011 Report Posted October 8, 2011 i heard that on my computer... Car: 1995 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport 4.0L (2wd) Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P5000dvd Front Doors: blown stock Rear Doors: blown stock High amp: none (for now) Subs: 12" Kicker L7 D4 Sub amp: JL Audio 500/1v2 Wiring: Stinger Pro Speaker wire: Stinger 12g
pitbullninja Posted October 8, 2011 Author Report Posted October 8, 2011 What does clipped mean anyway? LOL sir please learn this b4 u start editiing music. If you would have read my first post I'm following a guide made by a very popular booster
n8ball2013 Posted October 8, 2011 Report Posted October 8, 2011 What does clipped mean anyway? LOL sir please learn this b4 u start editiing music. If you would have read my first post I'm following a guide made by a very popular booster sounds like you're not the only one who doesnt know what you are doing to me. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
MrSkippyJ Posted October 8, 2011 Report Posted October 8, 2011 I understand clipping is not good for speaker and subs but is it realy that bad? I have the bassboost option on my ipod and the bass on my head unit to 3+ maybe 4+ out if 6+ total. I know im probably clipping but my subs have been working for over a year and still goin. Could it be that clipping is not as harmful as some people think. All clipping is bad, but not all clipping will kill your subs. A weee tinny bit of clipping won't hurt much, once you start to clip badly your subs actually stop moving while having lots of electrical energy piping through the voice coils. You may or may not know that the sub uses movement to cool the voice coils so if they aren't moving, they aren't getting cooled. So to answer your question, yes clipping is as harmful as people think, but only if the clipping is bad enough. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.