heres a picture of what they look like

colortemps.jpg

keep in mind the higher the kelvins the less output you are going to get from them. 10k and 12k are probably gunna put out worse light then your stock ones. And plus the blue is going to be attracting alot of unwanted attention when you are blinding everyone from the glare. I am not saying dont do them cause I am but just go with something like the 6k.

you can check out for some

mydepots.com

umnitza.com

I've been looking and although the 10,000 and more is a lot bluer, its still brighter than stock lights, also, 10,000 and more are also ILLEGAL, 8000k and below are LEGAL.

so if anyone shops for HID's dont go above 8000k or else its illegal. UNLESS your using for car shows or something...

06 SCION tC

Those dont look too bad either!

look pretty good to me also, i have my eye on these, this way i dont feel like i'm throwing out so much money on headlights lol.. only be a third of a paycheck here.. so thats not too bad.. i dont want to go all out on these or nothing..

anyone familiar with Xenon HID conversion Kits?

06 SCION tC

I want to do some new lights but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I don't want bright bright, I just want something that looks different than the stock yellows.

I have been looking on ebay and found multiple variations of these kind

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon-HID-H...sspagenameZWDVW

Will those toast my wiring? Burn my housing?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I want to do some new lights but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I don't want bright bright, I just want something that looks different than the stock yellows.

I have been looking on ebay and found multiple variations of these kind

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon-HID-H...sspagenameZWDVW

Will those toast my wiring? Burn my housing?

they are junk to be honest.

and I think those are HID replacements... idk, i wouldnt think they would be that cheap for HID bulbs and they sure dont look like HID bulbs, i'm pretty sure those are just Halogens and they aren't even that blue either.

I mean if you want to at least take away your "yellowish" or "dull white" color these will do and for like 10 bucks it aint bad, wouldnt hurt to try you know.. so i mean go for it!!

BUT...

the cheapest i found HIDs were the Xenon HID from www.XenonLink.com and they are 135.99 and are legit too.

I'm getting those, but if you want "colored" Halogen headlights, go to racinglab.com and check out the Luminics

Edited by AlpineGuy87

06 SCION tC

I've been looking and although the 10,000 and more is a lot bluer, its still brighter than stock lights, also, 10,000 and more are also ILLEGAL, 8000k and below are LEGAL.

so if anyone shops for HID's dont go above 8000k or else its illegal. UNLESS your using for car shows or something...

Techinically all HID's are illegal unless in an approved DOT housing made for HIDs. My point is the fact once you go over 6-7k you loose alot of light output from what I have heard. I must say I have no first hand experience but from what I have read numerous times you start loosing alot of light.

And the bluer you go the more attention you are going to draw and I have known a few people that have been given tickets for the HIDs because they were to blue and were giving glare like a motherfucker

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

Techinically all HID's are illegal unless in an approved DOT housing made for HIDs. My point is the fact once you go over 6-7k you loose alot of light output from what I have heard. I must say I have no first hand experience but from what I have read numerous times you start loosing alot of light.

And the bluer you go the more attention you are going to draw and I have known a few people that have been given tickets for the HIDs because they were to blue and were giving glare like a motherfucker

well, i just got ticket today for speeding and unsafe lane change, i'm not fixin to get anymore these stupid things... so i might not go with 8000k i might take it a level lower, not sure yet i wish i could see them in real life so i would know for sure what i'm looking for. i think i've seen the 6000k and they have the tint of blue but i want just bit more blue so its more noticable.

but hey i got question... how come we see like nissan's and mazdas and all these new cars/SUVs with those really nice "colored" lights, are they not HID's? I thought they were but i found that "aftermarket" HID's are so much more brighter... how come? i thought the stock HID's were really bright too... are they not HIDs?

06 SCION tC

damn im so torn on HID's... i finally have projectors and one of my low beams went out... so i dont want to waste money on halogens since i wan hids but the price tag keeps me from getting them. Im almost thinking about getting some of the kits offered by the "supporting vendors" on cobaltss.net because a lot of peeps have got them b4 with no problems but i dont want to go cheap and get shitty product. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

but hey i got question... how come we see like nissan's and mazdas and all these new cars/SUVs with those really nice "colored" lights, are they not HID's? I thought they were but i found that "aftermarket" HID's are so much more brighter... how come? i thought the stock HID's were really bright too... are they not HIDs?

it is the housing that they come in. most people that buy the aftermarket kits just put them in there factory reflective headlight housing. to make the hids more affective they need to be put into projector housings. The glare is not as bad because the housing focuses the light better.

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

it is the housing that they come in. most people that buy the aftermarket kits just put them in there factory reflective headlight housing. to make the hids more affective they need to be put into projector housings. The glare is not as bad because the housing focuses the light better.

projectors SUCK. Most will steer you away from those for aftermarket HID's.

my housings arent stock but i got "diamond clears" and dropped the HID's in. Its perfect.

also, you get what you pay for with HID's.......ive been thru it TRUST ME you need to go with a reputable brand. Aint NATHEN' like being in the middle of nowwhere on a dark lonely road and having a ballast go out. Now your the idiot with 1 HID driving down the street. GAY. (i was pissed when it happened twice on the same set.)

get a good brand and plan on $400 or more......anything less then $250 is more then likely garbage. Balasts people, think balasts.....they go bad on cheap brands!

also i dont give a damn what Halogen company claims on the box.....aint no halogen gonna make a true 6000k of an HID.

6000k is bright white and also a tint of blue/purple especially next to someones stock headlights...they are great...mine of course are 7k and are also great. I think chickens stock HID's in the EXT are probably 5000-5500k....a little more "yellow" compared to mine.

trust me I KNOW this stuff i own 3 sets currently and been thru 4....and also had NUMOROUS colored halogen bulbs in the chase for that tight look. Ive had the generic "blue" halogens and I even had "Piaa" "HID" halogens years ago and im sorry to say that nothing beats a real HID.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916