Advice on sq build.

Reveth

Audio control dqxs is nice. I've never tried the Rockford but people seem to like them also. I've seen 4 or 5 audio control dqxs end for around $300 on eBay in the last 3 weeks brand new. That would leave enough to get the DDC (digital dash controller) with it, which I highly recommend.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

I agree the DQXS is a prime piece of electronics, but I have heard gread things about the JBL unit as well!

Talk to some SQ competitors, I havent seen many here, but the Diyma forum has many, a processor greatly increases proper tuning of any setup, some people like no processors, some like them, do some research and purchase accordingly!

But from personal experience I had a DQXS w/ the DDC, and I regret selling it to this day, my front stage has never been the same without the capabilities!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

A couple ideas to look into:

Focus on front stage, look into 2-way or 3-way components

-Rainbow

-Top-end Image Dynamics

-Morel

Also you want to build an enclosure with 22-30 hz tuning with SQ, trying to optimize as flat of a response as possible. You dont want the crazy frequency peaks like most ported enclosures, SQ is all about efficiency.

A sub will act as your rear fill, especially with a powerful front stage.

Judging by your amplifier, you might want to lean towards a 3-way front stage and pick up a 6ch processor and eliminate any crossovers, they will be uneeded. With say an Audiocontrol 6ch eq/x-over, you will have all tuning capabilities, so piecing together a front stage is very optimal.

So in short:

-powerful 2-way or 3-way

-low tuned box ideal 22-25 hz

-6ch processor (eq & x-over combo)

-Zapco amp is amazing

-JL amp is efficient with sub stage

Good luck, sounds like it has great potential

I was wondering why an enclosure needs to be tuned to 22-25Hz? Shouldn't an ideal enclosure for SQ be a sealed enclosure??

I'm just asking because I'd like to know the reasoning for 22-25Hz...

Also, with a ported enclosure, aren't many subwoofers going to have some difficulties going that low? Mechanical noises, rubbing, "unloading" issues? These are questions I am in know way well versed in SQ...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

probably because a sub's output below 25hz is pretty low. so you tune a box to peak at that low point to make up for it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you shouldnt even think about porting a box in sq

you dont get the accuracy or controll like a sealed box

Im sorry alpine but i strongly disagree with that statement. A properly built and tuned ported enclosure is just as " tight, punchy, accurate etc etc" as a sealed enclosure.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

you shouldnt even think about porting a box in sq

you dont get the accuracy or controll like a sealed box

Im sorry alpine but i strongly disagree with that statement. A properly built and tuned

ported enclosure is just as " tight, punchy, accurate etc etc" as a sealed enclosure.

^^^^^what roscoe said. :drinks:

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

ill put money on that roscoe!!!

not one world champ in sq had a ported box and lets take the ported box the op is talking about tuned to 25 hz when your mids are crossed over at 80 you need some 50 55 hz and up bass coming out of the sub (basicaly imposible to do tunned that low) to match the mids when you match the mids it sounds like the bass is coming from the dash not behind you this is the goal of sq you not just the sound of the bass

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived