2007 Chevy Tahoe - Big JL Audio Build (IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!)

Placed in the door, time to make some brackets....

encindoor.jpg

Evan

2007 Chevy Tahoe

24" Black Slides/Nitto 420S Tires, McG 2/3 Drop, K&N Intake, Blacked Out Grille, Smoked Tail Lights, 6,000K HID Low's/Fog's, LED Reverse & License Plate Lights, 15% 3M Tint

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, JL Audio ZR6.5" Components (Front and Rear), JL Audio ZR 8" Midbass (All 4 Doors in .75cu enclosures), JL Audio 13W7AE Subwoofers (2), JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers (4), JL Audio HD1200/1 Amplifiers (2), Audio Control DQXS, Audio Control DDC, DC Power XP300 Dual Alternator Kit, Optima Yellowtop Batteries (2), Shruiken BT120 Battery, JL Audio Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Premium RCA's, Etc, and a CRAZY ASS CUSTOM INSTALL!

UBL Thread:

2007 Chevy Tahoe - Big JL Audio Build

2006 BMW M3 (800HP Turbo)(Sold)

Digital Designs Setup

Sponsored By: Serious Autosport

That door is sweet! I also started thinking about redoing my doors somehow similar to get the volume needed to fully utilise mye speakers, so definitely tuned in!

this build keeps getting better and better, looking forward to seeing moar pics man!!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

That's pretty hardcore, few people attempt sealed chambers in doors, it's definitely the way to go for maximum SQ. One worry I would have is using this much MDF inside a door in a humid rainy environment (Florida it looks like).

Thanks! We aren't worried about the box as we will be fiber glassing the entire thing before its installed permanently to ensure it is not effected by moisture!

nice truck and equipment

Thanks!

That door is sweet! I also started thinking about redoing my doors somehow similar to get the volume needed to fully utilise mye speakers, so definitely tuned in!

I wasn't sure it was possible, but one of my installers made it his mission to get .75cu out of the doors :) Now its time to do the rear doors, but I don't think its possible as they are much smaller... However the window doesn't go down all the way on Tahoes so we may have more depth to play with... We will see!

this build keeps getting better and better, looking forward to seeing moar pics man!!

Thanks! I will continue to post pics. I wish it was quicker (trust me) however customer cars come first!

thats awesome to do a sealed box in the door. could you show how much you cut to do that and whats left? i can't wait to see how it looks finished gonna look sick :good:

Here is a photo of the door before we put the box in...

Here is the picture of the stock truck door skin...

doorcut.jpg

I can't find a picture of a stock tahoe door skin, but if you can, you can compare...

Evan

2007 Chevy Tahoe

24" Black Slides/Nitto 420S Tires, McG 2/3 Drop, K&N Intake, Blacked Out Grille, Smoked Tail Lights, 6,000K HID Low's/Fog's, LED Reverse & License Plate Lights, 15% 3M Tint

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, JL Audio ZR6.5" Components (Front and Rear), JL Audio ZR 8" Midbass (All 4 Doors in .75cu enclosures), JL Audio 13W7AE Subwoofers (2), JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers (4), JL Audio HD1200/1 Amplifiers (2), Audio Control DQXS, Audio Control DDC, DC Power XP300 Dual Alternator Kit, Optima Yellowtop Batteries (2), Shruiken BT120 Battery, JL Audio Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Premium RCA's, Etc, and a CRAZY ASS CUSTOM INSTALL!

UBL Thread:

2007 Chevy Tahoe - Big JL Audio Build

2006 BMW M3 (800HP Turbo)(Sold)

Digital Designs Setup

Sponsored By: Serious Autosport

Ha, I was once a JL audio fan back in the 90s. But what I've come to know, is that sometimes haters are right. JL is overpriced for what it is. If you got the money, spend it. JL is just overpriced entry level gear or overhyped so called high end gear depending on the line you choose. It's a name and they ride that name for as much as they can get.

For the same money as a 13w7, you can pick up a AA SMD18. Just sayin'.

That being said, I still love a good build, and that will get you mad respect in here. :popcorn: Build on!

I disagree. JL is NOT overpriced and it is not entry level. It is good shit IMO. Overpriced is all a state of ones own pocketbook. :pardon: There is lots of things i cant afford but that dont make them overpriced.

I respect your opinion, you being the proprietor of this fine establishment and all, but we may just have to agree to disagree. For every level of subs JL makes I find louder and better sounding for the same cash elsewhere.

There's a lot of this that I can't afford either (don't think I'll ever spend a grand on a sub but who knows) but that's not really the basis of my opinion. Even if you could afford it, I don't think you'd have paid $100,000 for your IS-F. Pocketbook or not.

Sorry about all the threadjacking OP, I'm lovin those MDF enclosures for the doors. The first thing I ever learned about having decent low end in a car was to put as much low end up front as possible. I can't wait to see it finished.

:drinks:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to do mid bass in the doors for oh, 20 years or so :) yours is looking pretty good so far!

Now that I have a full size pickup I just might revisit the idea given the bit of inspiration you've provided...

Archived