Mechman Alternators

Belt Slip Eliminator Kit install for Ford 4.6, 5.4 and 6.8

hmm ive never had any belt slip unless im going wot and hit above 5000 rmp, is this only for the single stock replacement alt? or will it work for dual kits? i know the belt for the dual kits is tight as fuck anyway until it stretches out or warms up.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I can only insure that this works with the single, it may or may not work with a dual kit.

My belt would slip with heavy loads and on upshift, now it won't slip with a 300a load free-reving it to the limiter.

ONly slip I get is on hard 1st to 2nd shifts, wide open. It is annoying.

same here and ive had a shit load of current being pulled through my alt 600 amps off a 290 amp alt and still never had belt slip once, i actually had less belt slip with a single alt then the dual alts. now its just when like orion said at WOT with the 1st-2nd shift and it dosnt bother me but if i could eliminate that id like to, but as far as current load making my belt slip ive never had that issue

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's annoying for sure.

same here and ive had a shit load of current being pulled through my alt 600 amps off a 290 amp alt and still never had belt slip once, i actually had less belt slip with a single alt then the dual alts. now its just when like orion said at WOT with the 1st-2nd shift and it dosnt bother me but if i could eliminate that id like to, but as far as current load making my belt slip ive never had that issue

A 290a unit will won't create any more load on the belt once you exceed the maximum output, you will only start draining the batteries.

Producing 270a or more at 1000rpm will create slip when you accelerate the engine due to poor belt traction. More power at lower RPM increases the ability to slip the belt.

With my unit maxed out at 245a @ idle if I accelerate the engine as it would in traffic it will create substantial belt slip. My unit puts out real idle numbers where others claim that kind of output but don't always deliver. That's why I created this product.

How much longer belt is needed with this kit?

As stated, 3-3.5" longer.