I am about to get the volvo s80 t5 and I was wondering if there was anyway to up the boost to get more hp out of it. it has boost set at 9.7 stock, is there any way to give it more?

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

• 3 weeks later...

raising your boost too much in a stock car will put alot of strain on your internal parts, and you could throw a rod. however, i would venture to say you could probably get away with 12psi with little effects of engine longevity

intercoolers lower the temperature of air going into the combustion chamber, cold air is denser(more oxygen molecules) therefor you get more "air" into your combustion per power stroke, increasing efficiency

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

raising your boost too much in a stock car will put alot of strain on your internal parts, and you could throw a rod. however, i would venture to say you could probably get away with 12psi with little effects of engine longevity

intercoolers lower the temperature of air going into the combustion chamber, cold air is denser(more oxygen molecules) therefor you get more "air" into your combustion per power stroke, increasing efficiency

The Volvo modular in the t5 has forged steel internals. Definitely capable of a lot more power. Depending on how boost is managed already, it may be as simple as a flash tune and a few dyno pulls. If not, you may need a boost controller. Any amount of boost you add will start requiring supporting mods, larger intercooler, better flowing fuel injectors, a higher output fuel pump... etc. I think the best place to start would be looking for a performance shop that specializes in volvo, or at least a forum or somewhere that people have experience with your specific car. Not trying to redirect you somewhere else, just saying that it varies widely, and it would be best to talk to someone who knows more about your car specifically.

Edited by AlexRhodes