Sonic Electronix

i wouldnt want a 60 amp alt running my 4k system. your asking for problems that way. you'll kill your alt or a battery or ever worse your amp.

Just what I was thinking.. Just wanted to see if I had other options

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Calling bull on the AQ2200 clamp, lol. Also...stock Honda alternator is like what...90-100amps? So magically 60 amps charging two Dekas supplied current for almost 3,000 watts. Just magical.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Calling bull on the AQ2200 clamp, lol. Also...stock Honda alternator is like what...90-100amps? So magically 60 amps charging two Dekas supplied current for almost 3,000 watts. Just magical.

i just picked a random honda alt wasnt say your alt was 60 amps

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

I'm running the same amp at .5 and now at .7. With this, I have two xs3400 and a dc 250 amp alt. Voltage is always pretty good

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I ran an AQ3500.1 (4300) at .5 ohm on two stinger SPP1200 batteries and stock 130ish amp alt in my jeep and barely had voltage drop over 1400rpm.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Definitely need a alt. I have a stock 140 and 2 kinetik 1800s and I drop down to 11.8 on a ddm2a

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

I run my 3500.1d at 1ohm nominal and temporary running my stock alternator with a 6500 and 3100. I drop to low 13s on the low notes. I do normally run my 270 amp Mechman, with virtually no voltage issues. Finding out the amperage of your alternator would be a good start.

I would definitely recommend 2 good batteries if an alt is out of budget. Maybe Deka or Shuriken. While your voltage may not necessarily be awful, if an alternator fits your budget, by all means do it.

How much are you able to spend and what is this primarily for?

Do you demo at idle mostly or are you usually driving around?

It all factors in for your needs and I am talking the best you could do to support it with no half assing. Not overkill.

We can then give you the best for your needs.

Obviously if budget isnt an issue you're going to get a lot of "350+ amp alternator and 3 XS Power 3100" responses Which is ridiculous.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest