Apple TV or Bluray player?

I just picked up a 65" Tv for my house and regular cable just isn't cutting it. I'm not looking for anything extravagant, just a good way to watch movies and do other things. Does anyone here have experience with Apple Tv? What are some of the pros and cons? The only con I can think of with blurays is that I only watch movies once MAYBE twice, so spending $20+ for a movie I'll once watch a couple of times seems a bit excessive

Or would I be better off jailbreaking my iPad and using that to connect to the tv and watch movies and seach the internet?

• 2 weeks later...

A PS3 is also a Bluray player peepwall.gif with internet connectivity and netflix if activated for $8/mo.peepwall.gif

+1

I think that you should look into a PS3 as well, the only downside about the blurays is the price of each movie, although, if you have a 3D capable TV I would go with a bluray player.

Team L.I. S.P.L

- DC XL 18 M2

- DC 3.5K

- Mechman 270

- XS & Shuriken batts

my friend has an apple tv and it is the freakin bombbbb. the only thing you want to take into consideration is your internet connection speed. If it sucks, it can be frustrating at times.

But yeah, if i didn't just have a pos 19" tv thats not even mine, i would totally get an apple tv, they're awesome!!

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

A PS3 is also a Bluray player peepwall.gif with internet connectivity and netflix if activated for $8/mo.peepwall.gif

+1

I think that you should look into a PS3 as well, the only downside about the blurays is the price of each movie, although, if you have a 3D capable TV I would go with a bluray player.

The PS3 also does full stereoscopic 3D gaming and is supposed to support 3D movies :peepwall: