Sonic Electronix

we need a like button here -_-

i wanna like that p.s. part :lol:

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

It gets boring reading about people who don't know anything make fun of others who don't know anything.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Lol being a gold member i can + or - comments in threads FTW! So I gave ya a plus! LOL

I can't comment on what the dd-1 has since i don't currently own one, Something that was recorded with -15db is a far cry from something recorded at -3db and that was what i was trying to get across

Hence why I am saying the tone disc included with the dd-1 has multiple tones for your music listening needs.. From 0db, -3db, etc to -15db iirc from reading the book the other night.

Besides test tones are a dime a dozen. you can find many of them at all different decibel level on just about every audio site.

Lol being a gold member i can + or - comments in threads FTW! So I gave ya a plus! LOL

I can't comment on what the dd-1 has since i don't currently own one, Something that was recorded with -15db is a far cry from something recorded at -3db and that was what i was trying to get across

Hence why I am saying the tone disc included with the dd-1 has multiple tones for your music listening needs.. From 0db, -3db, etc to -15db iirc from reading the book the other night.

Besides test tones are a dime a dozen. you can find many of them at all different decibel level on just about every audio site.

i just used the dd1 today at my local shop.

first we set the gains using the -10 because i like the low low music and wanted to get as much power as i could.

but my subs started to stink. not due to clipping just simply being over powered.

so we set gains with the -5.

but i fully do not understand the difference between the two. can someone explain?

Edited by D-train-13k

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

They are just different loudness levels of the tone for the most part.

the -5db tone will give you more sound quality, and will result in the best sound quality from your setup, but wont get as loud.

the -15db tone will give you more loudness (more spl, less sq).

the -10db tone will be a mix between -5 and -15 db. Giving you more sq than -15, but more power than 0-5.

If your running a lower model subwoofer with an amp more then the woofer(s) combined rms power, -5db is a wise idea!

They are just different loudness levels of the tone for the most part.

the -5db tone will give you more sound quality, and will result in the best sound quality from your setup, but wont get as loud.

the -15db tone will give you more loudness (more spl, less sq).

the -10db tone will be a mix between -5 and -15 db. Giving you more sq than -15, but more power than 0-5.

If your running a lower model subwoofer with an amp more then the woofer(s) combined rms power, -5db is a wise idea!

awesome. i figured something along those lines.

i have two level 3's on a bc 2k so not quite a lower line but it gets down really well. im proud of them. waiting for the new level 3's to come out so i can buy 15's and finish my truck lol

and i did notice a big sq jump between the -5 and the -10.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

@D-train... Can I ask???

Did you see/check where your HU would clip at first??.. Or go right to the amp???

used the hu first.

no clip at full volume but i set it lower than that. then the amp

Hey fellers, alright well im not very experienced in car audio, i know most of the basics but still learning for the most part, so i decided I was going to get another car stereo system (DC level 3) and didn't want to clip the sub to death, so being smart about this i went to my local radio shop about 10 miles away and ask them how much it would be, then shortly after i asked "Do you set the gains by ear?" They replied Yeah we listen to it and set the gains, then i replied Oh you don't use a O-Scope? They said oh we use that to. What a shame. I left the shop quickly laughing because the store told me just want i wanted to hear, not what they do. Really wish i could find a quality shop around here that doesn't always give me a load of bs. Anyways was just wondering any other stories if somethin like this happened to you at your local shop would love to read about it. Not like i have anything better to do right now haha.

I was an installer from 1987 - 1995 and worked for 5 different shops in the San Diego area and the 5th one (out of those 5) I worked for was the only shop that had a scope. From 1995 - 2009 I worked for two different manufacturers both in the top 10 of largest american car audio brands and during that time, I never saw anyone pull out a scope to adjust the gains on any of the cars that went to SEMA or CES. Not really any point to this, just saying.

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.