Sonic Electronix

amp fuses melted please help

Nope... Never heard of it., and with all the fuse popping and melting going on with all the amps in question.. I'll chose to stay away from every one of them... 4 fuses, and every single socket lose??..causing a melt down? Again., I'll pass on those... OP gl with the findings..

Edit- guess what I'm saying is there has to be more to the story....

Lol the 4 40s are what they come with it was a very powerful amp.had been bumping for 1yr with no issues then yesterday this happened and fked it up big time.and yes again like I said it was 0 gauge everything. Big 3 in 0 power in 0 ground in 0 all ring terminals had also been soldered to cap which none of this hAd melted just the fuse and fuse holder had on the amp it's self.the amp costs alot and if I can't get it and the problem fixed I will be giving up in car audio.... Cost 2 much.. But I do love bass idk I'm so lost and unclear on what my issue is

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

just throwing this out there , even know your connections are tight , its posible your wires could have corrosion within the jacket, causeing the fuse holders to get hot, do the wires get hot,how old are the wires, like someone elese said if it was a short a fuse would have blown, bad connections and bad wire can cause heat, to melt thing together, could check for resistance in the power and ground wires, hope you find the answer for your problem.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Open the amp and look for stuff that is burned up. If the amp is damaged then more than likely the problem started at the amp rather than at the power source or the ground.

I normally disconnect things before taking it in for service. I would guess the guy working on it either beat the piss out of it, shorted something out under the hood, or the like.

Hopefully I didn't miss you already talking about this, if so I apologize.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

They won't because like I said they have been soldered and under the jacket is a normal looking right terminal.like I said before also the fuses in question are on the amp itself not the fuse on the power wire.power wire has a fuse fused at 150a and my melted fuses are 4x40a so that's 160 it total

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

Nope... Never heard of it., and with all the fuse popping and melting going on with all the amps in question.. I'll chose to stay away from every one of them... 4 fuses, and every single socket lose??..causing a melt down? Again., I'll pass on those... OP gl with the findings..

Edit- guess what I'm saying is there has to be more to the story....

Every socket doesnt have to be loose, just 1 lose socket alone will cause an increased amount of current going through the other 3 sockets which results in more heat, more heat will cause them to melt.

Hell this even happened to a 4 channel Digital Designs amp of mine (and it still works after a new fuse being put in).

But I guess thats the response from a person with an uneducated guess and dissing product they have no idea about, so everyone should boycott the Korean Buildhouse Zenon that makes a LARGE amount of the monoblocks that people are using today

However how many times you tell people to check every piece of power ground wire they never do and say yea its tight without even putting a wrench on the terminal. Or claim their ground is fine, even tho its grounded to a seatbelt bolt or strut tower with self tapping screws, and no paint removed..

EDIT: anyways geardropper, what woofers are you using, how many woofers, what impedance are the voice coils?

THANK YOU AUDIO FAN

WAS USING 2 pioneer champ seris pro subs 1000rms 3000 watt each

wired like this http://m.seimg.net/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/2_subs_DVC_4_ohm_mono_variation2.jpg

im so gutted will i have trouble again with this amp if i replace the fuses?

Fuses melted = BAD connection. fuses BLOWN = too much current or short

^^This. I have had this happen. If they are loose they will spark and melt.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

ANYMORE OPINIONS

Archived