Alt or Batteries???

Ok people. I am looking for a little helpful feedback. My ride/ Daily Driver is now a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I have a DC Audio 5k amp that I am looking to power. I currently have sitting in my house 1 D6500 and 2 D3400’s. I was planning upgrade my stock alt and to use one as a starter battery and the other 2 were going in the battery bank.

But I was thinking about just going forward with the build keeping the stock alt and stock battery in the front. Then using all 3 XS Power batteries in the bank. Run that for a while until I am able to save up for an alternator then finally a replacing the stock battery up front.

So what do you think, should I:

1. Save up for my new HO Alt, replace the stock battery with a XS Power battery and put the other 2 XS Power batteries in the bank or ,

2. Run stock alt and stock battery up front, then put 3 XS power batteries in the bank?

If I do option 2 I will also get a XS HF1215 Intellicharger to keep the batteries topped off and put less strain on the stock alt.

Edited by brownm3

it just seems to me man that that would be alotta strain on your stock alt even topping your batteries off regularly..just my .02

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I personally would go option 1. You can do that now with the stock alternator now, but be wary and careful.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Ok so I did the third option, haha. I placed my order through Mechman but while I am waiting for that I plan to do as I can afford to get my system up and operational.

• 2 weeks later...

are you isolating your front and back batteries somehow? If not, they the actual placement of the batteries really makes no difference. So what you are asking is if you should still run that stock battery and whether or not to upgrade your alt.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69