Sonic Electronix

Everyone I know hates systems what should I do??

I had this problem with my first system trust me tell them your reasons let them see the amazement of car audio and they will want you to keep it.

My dad wanted me to keep my subs after he seen them flex my truck he even wanted to learn how to hook up stuff (Im a great techer haha)

Was gonna sell my system one day and my mom actually argued with me telling me I could'nt sell it because she knew when I was coming home because the house would rattle. haha

So just give them your reasoning and show them and why

If It's Not Skar It Shouldnt be in your Car!

skarsig1-1.jpg

SKAR AUDIO FTW!

fuck the haters. use it as motivation to build something so loud it makes them not wana even come near your car.

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

I normally say you should not care what anyone thinks in the way you live your life, you are only on earth once, don't spend it being judged.

On the other hand, because you mentioned your parents, you do want to make sure that you don't anger them by doing something they disapprove of. Ultimately they are your parents and should be respected, but if its more that they just don't approve of loud music rather then would punish you for it, I say do it ;)!

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

Go to the extreme, tell them its a hobby you enjoy, or you can be out like everyone else abc be doing drugs and getting drunk... Now which one is really worse

this

tell them to look at it this way. you have a hobby that entails working on your car and keeps you out of trouble. what would be better?if you worked on ur car and got a bit of bump n ddnt turn into a druggie, or would they rather cfome down christmas morning to see you buck ass nekkid sweating laying under the christmas tree with a needle in your arm. my system saved me from drugs. just sayin.it keeps youbusy. n go for the decent system

this

just don't be douche with it, like turn it down in residential areas, down at stop lights, and don't blast it when children are trying to sleep....

I always get mixed feelings when I tell people that, people tell me its their shit they can do what they want..

I tell them, I own a real ak, are you sure you want me to do what *i* want....

Just food for thought.. I'm sure if you explain how you will be respectful with it and its a hobby you enjoy they wont care anymore

this!

most of my family doesnt "get it" idk I just explain politely that its something that brings me joy, and its a great hobby that can teach awesome fabrication skillz. It may also lead to a job, or at least some $$ for you someday doing it on the side if thats what you want. After I showed my 55 yr old father the suburban..... he was truely impressed :D

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

fuck the haters. use it as motivation to build something so loud it makes them not wana even come near your car.

.........those "haters" you speak of is his parents if you didn't read the above statement. Idk about you but I love my parents....

Anyways, just explain to them you enjoy messing with car audio and I'm sure they'll understand. Luckily my dad and uncles had big systems back in the day so they know how it can be enjoyable.

I was in a similiar situation. My mom and dad taught me growing up that if I wanted something bad enough, I would save my money for it so I would appreciate it more as my own. Now that I have saved my money, I'm ordering a Sundown SA-8D4, and my mom won't even speak to me! Kinda backfired on her if you ask me =@

Quote from my mom as of yesterday:

"I don't see why you want all that thumping and attracting attention of people who want to break into it and steal it all! It's a waste of money and it's stupid!"

My response:

"I don't see why you spend your child support money on PoGo games, beer, and cigarettes! It's a waste of money and it's stupid!"

:lol:

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

I was in a similiar situation. My mom and dad taught me growing up that if I wanted something bad enough, I would save my money for it so I would appreciate it more as my own. Now that I have saved my money, I'm ordering a Sundown SA-8D4, and my mom won't even speak to me! Kinda backfired on her if you ask me =@

Quote from my mom as of yesterday:

"I don't see why you want all that thumping and attracting attention of people who want to break into it and steal it all! It's a waste of money and it's stupid!"

My response:

"I don't see why you spend your child support money on PoGo games, beer, and cigarettes! It's a waste of money and it's stupid!"

:lol:

same for me too.... everything i had i bought and paid for myself..i owned 3 cars before i was even old enough to drive..and already at that point had about 10 systems...my mother knew i really loved my hobby..and she let me do what i wanted to

that was years n years ago now..i STILL love audio j ust as much..but the level has just grown lol

My response:

that right there made me laugh soooo hard

My Mother absolutely hates Car Audio but that's because it's not only my Fathers hobby but his job as well so he does it 24/7. My Step-Father had a crazy system when I first met him but the car got stolen and he didn't do anything to his Charger. I been in it all my life and like Pimpn said I told my ol' girl straight up this is a hobby a very good hobby and I get to learn a lot about cars, electricals, and sound very big learning process in car audio it's not all about bass there is a thought process behind it all that people forget. If I were you I would break it down for them like I did my mom and tell them what really goes into it. Plenty of times I have had sleepless nights working on my own system but there are also times where I have made more money in a week on doing clients systems than I make on my day job in a year. Consider how you use it and show them the love you put into it. Car Audio is not like video games you can't just put it down people dumb it down like you go to best buy and get some subs and an amp and call it a day...I say in the words of David Spates WRONG WRONG. A lot involved in this hobby its your job to spread knowledge to those who don't know.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif