help w/ possible tranny for my tbss.

http://www.pcmforless.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&&Itemid=390&&goto=http://www.pcmforless.com/shopping/TBSS Transmission Products.html

Thats the one I am using.. helpfull i suppose since im still running strong.. and i also have the vette servos which is a cheap and very worthwild mod..

Thanks for all ur help

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

My truck has less than 5k miles but it does have some mods to it. would you know if theyre the best tranny for the tbss?

And it already died? Is there any reasoning behind getting what appears to be a performance tranny as apposed to hopefully having a warranty on a brand new vehicle an getting it replaced with a new stock one?

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

The tbss was the first vehicle to get the 4l70e trans from gm which indeed has some significant issues.. the clutchs burn and the bands break. An afftermarket preformance trans would be a better bet but pricer. Some people convert to the 4l80/90 trans itself and that holds up a lot better than the stock 4l70..

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

My truck has less than 5k miles but it does have some mods to it. would you know if theyre the best tranny for the tbss?

And it already died? Is there any reasoning behind getting what appears to be a performance tranny as apposed to hopefully having a warranty on a brand new vehicle an getting it replaced with a new stock one?

My mods will just blow through a stock tranny. I know a tbss users that has blown there tranny about 5 times until he tried that level 7 rpm and he's had that one for about 2 years and no issues.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would personally convert to a 4l80. Way stronger starting platform, lot less likly to burn clutches, burn bands, break wave plates, destroy planetary gears, or twist input shafts. What kinda mods you have done to your TB SS? Also they have factory trans coolers built into the radiator, if you want an external unit you could alway just pull the lines, cut and flare and just run rubber hose up to a universal cooler. Just mount it in front of your condensor with a bracket or some radiator zip ties.

Edited by stuntstere

The tbss was the first vehicle to get the 4l70e trans from gm which indeed has some significant issues.. the clutchs burn and the bands break. An afftermarket preformance trans would be a better bet but pricer. Some people convert to the 4l80/90 trans itself and that holds up a lot better than the stock 4l70..

what gm tranny doesnt have issues lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.