Dual T-line Sundown SA-8's

So last winter, a buddy of mine had two SA-8's in his truck and his sister borrowed the truck for a while and ended up blowing both of them. As soon as she figured out she blew them she went and bought him two brand new ones. So I was like let me take those old blown ones off your hands and ended getting the for $30 for the pair. I figured I would just get two recone kits and rebuild them.

So I wanted to look into a box design that I liked for the two SA-8's in a 99 Grand Cherokee and decided I wanted to try my hand in making a T-line style box. I started researching designs and looking at what other people had done and decided to just go ahead and design my own and see what it sounded like. I drew out some designs and decided on sizes that would fit in the back of the jeep. I came up with a box that is split into two sections on top and bottom. I also researched some of the home audio tline styles to incorporate a taper innto the line length. After doing some simple calculations I tuned my box to right around 42HZ around the Fs of the SA-8.

The box ended up taking me a while to build, but in the meantime I looked into the other components that I wanted to get for the project. I decided on an alpine mrp-m1000 for the amp, knuconcepts 4 gauge wiring kit, and a PAC high-low converter. I wanted to keep my stock head unit. I mounted the amp underneath the rear seat in the jeep.

Most of the pictures in the log are of the box mainly because it took a while to build.

This is the SA-8's as I got the before recones.

IMAG0058.jpg

Here is all the cut mdf ready for assembly. Took the whole sheet.

IMAG0096.jpg

Starting to put the box together. This is the top piece and this starts to show the shape of the wave line.

IMAG0100.jpg

Here is the bottom piece with the sides on it.

IMAG0098.jpg

This piece gives a good look at the inside of the box and how the wave travels through it. All corners 45's.

IMAG0099.jpg

Here is the front of the box showing where the subs will be mounted.

IMAG0126.jpg

Just a preview of how it will look in the back of the jeep.

IMAG0127.jpg

Amp and High-Low converter came in.

IMAG0129.jpg

All primered up ready for paint.

IMAG0138.jpg

Gotta have it all black.

IMAG0144.jpg

Finished box with sundown logo sticker and clearcoated.

IMAG0146.jpg

Amp installed under the back seat of the jeep.

IMAG0174.jpg

Finally got it all in and wired up, looks and sounds great!

IMAG0172.jpg

Just a closer picture of what it looks like in the back.

IMAG0173.jpg

Well it took a while but was a lot of fun and a great learning experience. Hope everybody enjoys it as much as I did.

Looks great. I love the box.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

I agree with this guy^ t is freakin sickkk!

Now post up some videos.lol

easy on the power when using a t-line... VERY IMPORTANT. I love my single 8 T-Line but my 8" is only getting 100w.. They sound amazing.. Great work Bro, hope it makes ya happy for awhile...

I know its off topic but I gotta ask, got any vids of your 8" t-line?

lookin sexy! i wana see vids tho, bet this box slams! plus i gotta decide on how to do the t-line I'm building for my room so more info is always better!! sick looking box too, props!

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

Great job, how's the low response?? Using the Tline type of box, do you uses less power and still have that great low puch???

Alpine D900 head unit 7" flip out t.v

Kicker 6 1/2 components (front,rear)KS 6502

MB quart 3 1/2" in front A/C vent's (center channel)

DC Audio LVL 5 18" (pair) Custom ported box

Sundown 4500 at .5

Sundown 100.4

XS 3100 up front and a pair of XS 6500 in the rear.

1 17" Eiger Vision T.V

2 7" Eiger Vision T.V in Second row.

Dynomat Top to Bottom (foam in all halo beam's)

DC Eng Alt 260SP and a 400SP dual set up.

big 3

Sitting on 24"

If your neighbor don't complain it's not Loud!

So you best go fix your shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived