PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

There's lots of projects for Pi carputers. Also it's a bit more flexible. They make a 3.5" touch screen and there are GUIs to work with it.

Also, with a PI you can have virtually unlimited storage and also output to a USB DAC for high res audio. So there are reasons.

I would love to do a usb dac out of a tablet for hi res. I'm dying here trying to figure out how to get a good signal with volume control that doesn't use the tablet buttons or the processor remote. Now that I have this Denon unit, I kind of have to use analog now, so there's that too.

There's lots of projects for Pi carputers. Also it's a bit more flexible. They make a 3.5" touch screen and there are GUIs to work with it.

Also, with a PI you can have virtually unlimited storage and also output to a USB DAC for high res audio. So there are reasons.

I would love to do a usb dac out of a tablet for hi res. I'm dying here trying to figure out how to get a good signal with volume control that doesn't use the tablet buttons or the processor remote. Now that I have this Denon unit, I kind of have to use analog now, so there's that too.

You can output high res out of a DAC into the denon. It's gonna be analog at some point anyway. A good DAC will sound lots better than the built in DAC of a tablet... but how to get a tablet to connect... that's an issue.

There are windows tablets out there that have a full USB port. They're pretty cheap too. Micro-Center sells them.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

All things being well, i should be picking this up in a week or so

Its a 2002 VX HSV (holden) Clubsport, LS1 6 speed, less then 100k miles. Needs two or three small interior things sorted and a cut and buff wouldn't hurt ,but other then that its mickey mouse. Plans are for cam and boost mods with any appropriate upgrades to clutch,fuel etc and a mild SQ system then drive the wheels of it

IMG_20160130_142637_zpsmz8hm3dh.jpg

EDIT: Probably some new rims and lowered a little as well

DCSig.jpg

TEAM DC AUSTRALIA

13e4c3e0-74af-42b9-8d07-ebbd2b684e14_zps7d713c4c.jpg

More fun...

M37sMB.jpg

I'd ask but chances are I wouldn't understand anyway! I'm sure it's some kind of computer thing?

Hell of a lot of liquid cooling for a PC...with what looks like solid tubing that he's going to bend to fit. A massive undertaking that looks (and performs) awesome when finished.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

You can output high res out of a DAC into the denon. It's gonna be analog at some point anyway. A good DAC will sound lots better than the built in DAC of a tablet... but how to get a tablet to connect... that's an issue.

There are windows tablets out there that have a full USB port. They're pretty cheap too. Micro-Center sells them.

I have a tablet already. A samsung galaxy note pro 12.2. That's what I'm planning to use. I just found this (Audioengine D1), I think it may be perfect. Little on the pricey side, but it got good reviews from a few different sites, and, it has a volume knob, and all of the important connections are on the back of the unit, not a pass thru like most of them are. I could go USB from tablet, or a USB HUB, to this device. I'd have to find out, but if both optical and the rca analog outputs are both on all the time, I could go optical toslink to the processor, and then the rca out to the Denon. Would still monitor volume, but give me the optical signal to the processor. Hmmmmmmmm, interest very much peaked!!!!

Scratch that, Reading > Me. The optical is an input. But I may have found my solution still. I can still use the HDMI Distribution unit, optical from that to this, RCA out to Denon, then to processor. Good deal to me.

All things being well, i should be picking this up in a week or so

Its a 2002 VX HSV (holden) Clubsport, LS1 6 speed, less then 100k miles. Needs two or three small interior things sorted and a cut and buff wouldn't hurt ,but other then that its mickey mouse. Plans are for cam and boost mods with any appropriate upgrades to clutch,fuel etc and a mild SQ system then drive the wheels of it

IMG_20160130_142637_zpsmz8hm3dh.jpg

EDIT: Probably some new rims and lowered a little as well

Love the Aussie auto industry. fucking put LS motors in everything.

2007 Pacifica

I have a tablet already. A samsung galaxy note pro 12.2. That's what I'm planning to use. I just found this (Audioengine D1), I think it may be perfect. Little on the pricey side, but it got good reviews from a few different sites, and, it has a volume knob, and all of the important connections are on the back of the unit, not a pass thru like most of them are. I could go USB from tablet, or a USB HUB, to this device. I'd have to find out, but if both optical and the rca analog outputs are both on all the time, I could go optical toslink to the processor, and then the rca out to the Denon. Would still monitor volume, but give me the optical signal to the processor. Hmmmmmmmm, interest very much peaked!!!!

Scratch that, Reading > Me. The optical is an input. But I may have found my solution still. I can still use the HDMI Distribution unit, optical from that to this, RCA out to Denon, then to processor. Good deal to me.

I'll watch your thread... sounds like fun.

2007 Pacifica

Gonna have to try and pick up some extra hours after this one lol.

Uh9sMKC.jpg

SbF172o.jpg

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived