PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

FEA3AD42-C871-4BFF-9ECD-A18A5108049E.png

I'll just leave this here....

You can order a set for a 1999 chevy tahoe 5.7L 4dr 4wd since your at it money bags. :P

It hurt when I submitted the payment. I almost cried, but it's something that I was going to need.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

I was searching about brakes the other night about adding rear disc and upgrading everything in general.

I came across something that says they are not much better than the drums.

Something to do with the brake booster and the tiny valves or ports and more brake fluid needing to be sent to the rear to operate the calipers at 100% compared to the wheel cylinder.

They where also saying that if you want to have good brakes you need to swap over to the hydroboost setup off the diesels.

You can change the proportioning valve to get the proper fluid flow.

It would depend on what setup you went with as to how much of a difference it would be.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

my cheap[er] alternative to the intellicharger, does the same thing except i saved 140$... I still want an intellicharger though :lol:

1259C8EE-387C-4162-A106-25B2E18DA4A3.jpg

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

• JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener

I was searching about brakes the other night about adding rear disc and upgrading everything in general.

I came across something that says they are not much better than the drums.

Something to do with the brake booster and the tiny valves or ports and more brake fluid needing to be sent to the rear to operate the calipers at 100% compared to the wheel cylinder.

They where also saying that if you want to have good brakes you need to swap over to the hydroboost setup off the diesels.

Nothing technically incorrect there. But...

Discs cool themselves better and don't fade like drums, but they are correct rears matter less than fronts. And they look better, if you're into that sort of thing...

If you do discs you should upgrade the master to match. Or prop valve like Broke said, but really a matching master is the way to go.

Hydroboost does create more line pressure, but so will an upgraded master cylinder. Brakes and hydraulics have come a long way in the last 20ish years.

The SSBC kit N8 is using comes with an upgraded master that matches their rear discs and has much better pressure and response for the fronts, as well.

My 96 Tahoe has some of the worst stock brakes of any vehicle I've ever owned. And I've owned a lot.

Static drops are my bag.

my cheap[er] alternative to the intellicharger, does the same thing except i saved 140$... I still want an intellicharger though :lol:

1259C8EE-387C-4162-A106-25B2E18DA4A3.jpg

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

• JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A