PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

Some of these youngsters are getting too "school" smart. I've had the same copper wire attached to the same aluminum blocks on my rear battery for over a year. Both the wire and the terminal show no signs of erosion.

rear battery...would be located where? in your trunk?

Rear floorboard behind front seats, but

Doesn't matter according to some. Copper and aluminum don't mix, period. smh/

Well electrolysis can't happen without water so if you don't get water back there you wouldn't have an issue. The problem is aluminum + copper + electrical current WITH WATER. The only problem I would see would be with batteries up front where they can get wet easy or maybe a grounding block on a frame with the SHCA copper lugs.

But really if you take care of your shit you will spray it with some rattlecan black or clear it which should negate the corrosion.

Also I bet it would take longer then a year or the introduction of salt as well in the mix.

Exactly my point. These fools make it sound like your connection is going to straight rot to shit in no time.

meh I don't think anyone was freaking out just mentioning it. A lot of people don't think about that. I bet people put as much though into that as fusing and I mean at least with fusing you could burn down your car.

So like anything else in an install, theres a right way to do it and wrong way and about 30 minutes on the internet doing some research is the difference.

if that was the case they wouldt use lead on the battery post and lead terminals.. its still 2 different metals oh dont forget the screw on the side post is not made out of copper either

my terminals have been fine under my hood, with salt and water near them

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

if that was the case they wouldt use lead on the battery post and lead terminals.. its still 2 different metals oh dont forget the screw on the side post is not made out of copper either

right because you have never ever had corrosion on a battery terminal before.

Theres a galvanic scale. Read what Krakin was saying. You may learn something.

my terminals have been fine under my hood, with salt and water near them

how would you know? you're probably too lazy to check on them.

:wub:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

It's funny how tons of other people post the same exact purchase and no one says shit but today everyone was feeling smart.

Real world experience> book smarts.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It's funny how tons of other people post the same exact purchase and no one says shit but today everyone was feeling smart.

Real world experience> book smarts.

thank you.. if you seal your wire even adding solder to it you will avoid corrosion.. heck if you use the sky high terminals with a good crimper and shrink tube you will seal it good.

Archived