PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

his going with 18 6x9 in a blowthrough

the cam i got for the 454.. if my idle was choppy then, it will get even choppier (lift will not be disclosed)

the carb on it was closer to 1k with the hose and fittings

11060047_875817102455220_584593111578087

ballpark specs?

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

love the look of those bikes. I have a 883 back in the day.

its all about the NRHS Performance 1250 kits. :) said the devil on your shoulder.

I have been looking into the 1250 kit but I think I will probably just stick with the 1200 kit and the 30 tooth front belt pulley for better highway RPM. That bike screams running 65MPH. I put a tach on it. Running 65, I'm turning 4K RPM.

its all about the NRHS Performance 1250 kits. :) said the devil on your shoulder.

I have been looking into the 1250 kit but I think I will probably just stick with the 1200 kit and the 30 tooth front belt pulley for better highway RPM. That bike screams running 65MPH. I put a tach on it. Running 65, I'm turning 4K RPM.

yea the bikes need a damn 6th gear and it would be fine! I ended up just riding slower to be honest...if I had the power though it would even out the torque curve and rev band I think.

Don't foget that if you the 1200 or the 1250 kit thats not where the big horsepower gains are, its all in the cams/lifters/HEAD PREP! But you can do a 1200 kit with a stage 2 head prep and pick up 20hp easy. If you did a 1250 and a stage 2 you are looking at 85-95hp at the crank.

guys who ride sport bikes (like me) you look at the 135hp or 120hp sportbikes but you don't realize until later that its like 135hp and 27ft lbs. Sportsters are torque happy! definitely a lot more fun on the street IMHO.

yea the bikes need a damn 6th gear and it would be fine! I ended up just riding slower to be honest...if I had the power though it would even out the torque curve and rev band I think.

Don't foget that if you the 1200 or the 1250 kit thats not where the big horsepower gains are, its all in the cams/lifters/HEAD PREP! But you can do a 1200 kit with a stage 2 head prep and pick up 20hp easy. If you did a 1250 and a stage 2 you are looking at 85-95hp at the crank.

guys who ride sport bikes (like me) you look at the 135hp or 120hp sportbikes but you don't realize until later that its like 135hp and 27ft lbs. Sportsters are torque happy! definitely a lot more fun on the street IMHO.

I already have screaming eagle intake/filter, vance & hines pipe, and a fuel tuner. I'm really not going for HP numbers, I just want a little more fun and less highway RPM. Maybe later on down the road, it might be a HP number chaser.....hell I don't know. lol

I already have screaming eagle intake/filter, vance & hines pipe, and a fuel tuner. I'm really not going for HP numbers, I just want a little more fun and less highway RPM. Maybe later on down the road, it might be a HP number chaser.....hell I don't know. lol

:) just wait, HP is addicting.

his going with 18 6x9 in a blowthrough

the cam i got for the 454.. if my idle was choppy then, it will get even choppier (lift will not be disclosed)

the carb on it was closer to 1k with the hose and fittings

ballpark specs?
It's not that big. It's the biggest streetable cam I could get. Its bigger than the edelbrock ones for sure. I might be going with aluminium heads and I think I might upgrade the cam with a roller setup if I do

After 2 weeks of back and forth negotiations finally agreed on terms me and the wife liked and signed the rest of the papers and escrow officially closes Friday.....won't be doing anything Audio related for awhile

IMG_3770_zps67baceac.jpg

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

20150720_214542_zpscbhet6lz.jpg

I'm actually surprised, seems a quality unit for $67. It's really bright but the bass is very natural. Did have to EQ the highs down a little, been listening for the past 2 hours, not nearly as fatiguing as listening directly out of my sound card. Was really harsh for the first 10 minutes, then it mellowed out. Now to find a nice native DSD DAC to go with it. I'm sure I'm gonna be disappointed when i start looking at prices...

I still can't get into tube amps.

I wish I could, but I just can't accept that they purposefully colour the sound due to the technology.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

20150720_214542_zpscbhet6lz.jpg

I'm actually surprised, seems a quality unit for $67. It's really bright but the bass is very natural. Did have to EQ the highs down a little, been listening for the past 2 hours, not nearly as fatiguing as listening directly out of my sound card. Was really harsh for the first 10 minutes, then it mellowed out. Now to find a nice native DSD DAC to go with it. I'm sure I'm gonna be disappointed when i start looking at prices...

I still can't get into tube amps.

I wish I could, but I just can't accept that they purposefully colour the sound due to the technology.

It's actually very pleasant to listen to. Think of it as anti aliasing for music. Not the most perfect analogy, but what tubes lack in accuracy, they make up for in warmth. If I plug straight into my soundcard, which is a shitty Realtek chip, it gets fatiguing after a few minutes even. With this headphone amp, I've been able to go through whole albums.

I do have a Asus Xonar card, but you can see my computer case won't accommodate it. Guess I'm swapping out cases this weekend. Can't wait to try them out together.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Okay I can get that, but I still think that it is a crutch for the circuit.

As for the Xonar card, I have a Xonar D1 and I love it. I use the Dolby Headphone processing option and it fixes a lot of the spatial distortion issues you get by using headphones. It does however run at a lower bitrate when using it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived