Second Skin Audio

Another Peel & Seal thread... but not what you think

i like testing stuff

could u throw this in the mix? its what i use, i cant see using peal n seal made from tar and what knot http://www.findtape.com/shop/product.aspx?id=565&idx=4&tid=2&info=aluminum+foil&setscreen=1&width=1440&height=785

i dunno if its good or not but it works for me, 2 mil dead-soft aluminum foil backing with a 43 mil butyl rubber mastic adhesive, its pritty thick, i think 1/8'' thick and is pretty sticky but not to much

i like it cause its main perpose is to insulate so in winter heat stays in and in summer cold stays in

i got another roll to play with but dunno where im gunna use it

i dont have to argue with your tests, facts are facts, was just wondering how the stuff i use comes into play

i have just wondered how this stuff acually effected sound waves to slow down the reverberations in metal so music sounds better and what knot, i member my friend useing stinger road kill in a bucket and with 2 layers of dynamat and 1 layer or road kill it did :bull: for 4 15's in a lexus lol

anyways good testing :good:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

tacomabanga1986, that Nashua product would probably perform better than most for the fact that is has a fairly thick foil (compared to the P&S product) and is butyl, not asphalt/bitumen/rubber mix. The only issue or concern is that the foil is soft and not all that rigid.

I'll see if my local store has some or if my heating and cooling guy can give me some to play with since it's not really that cheap ($3.45 a sq. ft.).

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

So by this data I would need around 12 layers+ of PnS on my roof for the same performance... Nice!

so u did roughly 100% coverage then 50% coverage over that?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

damn and i thought my test with the coffee can filled with nuts and bolts was scientific LOL! NICE test - thanks for taking the time! I am in the commercial roofing business so i am as guilty as anyone as for using peal and seal as a sound deadener. I might even venture out and say i was one of the first. That is unless there is other commercial roofers out there that had beat like me 20yrs ago when i first started at my company. I have access to all the products...foil back, duct-band, self adhered PVC, TPO and uncured Neoprene. Trust me i have used them all.

I dont use P/S or any of the above anymore but i have :D

You cant change your past, only your future - :pardon:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

how much of that peel and seal mess did u eventually have to clean up?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

damn and i thought my test with the coffee can filled with nuts and bolts was scientific LOL! NICE test - thanks for taking the time! I am in the commercial roofing business so i am as guilty as anyone as for using peal and seal as a sound deadener. I might even venture out and say i was one of the first. That is unless there is other commercial roofers out there that had beat like me 20yrs ago when i first started at my company.

I dont use P/S anymore but i have :D

You cant change your past, only your future - :pardon:

So it was YOU who started it all! :D

Thanks for the feedback Steve. I just wanted to put a bit more information out there on this subject and I think I have.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

tacomabanga1986, that Nashua product would probably perform better than most for the fact that is has a fairly thick foil (compared to the P&S product) and is butyl, not asphalt/bitumen/rubber mix. The only issue or concern is that the foil is soft and not all that rigid.

I'll see if my local store has some or if my heating and cooling guy can give me some to play with since it's not really that cheap ($3.45 a sq. ft.).

cool, ya u dont have to if u dont want to, i know the stuff aint cheap, i found some in my gpa's shop when he passed away so i put it to good use

when yall people do this do u put it under the plastic film over the door? i know people say to keep that on, i just pilled mine back and stuck it all over the place and worked good

i even layered up the speaker panel things i made for my doors due to stock mid was 6&3/4 and mine are 6&1/2, worked good, now how do i take out the back upolstry in my truck so i can put a layer on it cause my back glass rattles way to much

does this stuff work on door panels also, like the backside? my midbass is muffled due to me putting to much stuff in my door pockets

this is just my front speakers and rear speakers, the one sound is stuff rattleing in my doors,

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa305/tacomabanga2007/?action=view&current=DSCN2515-1.mp4

would something like what i got layerd on the door panel keep it from rattling as bad?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

to sani!

you say that you hate all the nut huggers/fanboys but damn you sound like the biggest peel and seal nuthugger ever right now i know we poke fun at each other all the time and this is not to start anything but how i read it is like n8 said a kid buys a crap sub and swears it is the best even after being proven wrong (just saying)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

This is bullshit. There is no fucking way that peel and seal is not hte shit. You rigged this. Fuck your transducer and all that scientific testing equipment mumbo jumbo. Peel and seal and spray foam for life.

YouMad.jpg?1260647699

I complete agree with single layer tests like this.. but for the money I triple layer my roof and I got good results, on the other hand never tried anything else. Down fall is I had a real hard time with adhesion on my roof even after I clean and everythng.. maybe if second skin would cut smd members a nicer deal, I would really switch over... jmo.

theres the black friday sale coming up, Second Skin is ALWAYS having promo discount codes for if you order online or you can just man up and pay a little more for a great product on the times in between ;)

SS FTW!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!