Sundown Audio

Need Help! Which Amplifier to Get

srt10ram

Hey everyone. I recently purchased and installed an FI BL 12 (Fully Loaded) in a 2.5cu.ft. box tuned @ 34hz.

My problem is that I have a brand new Hifonics Brutus 1700D amp hooked up to it (1 ohm) and the sub just will not hit as hard as it should.

Especially the lows, they're just not there. Now I know Hifonics is not great, but shit it should be putting out enough to

get the BL moving good. It also seems as if the sub doesn't have enough excursion for the power being pushed to it. I

have also dialed in the amp's gain setting with a multimeter & have the subsonic set at the lowest setting.

I'm not sure what to do. I could return the amp and buy something like the SoundStream Tarantula 2000D.

Need some opinions, I could spend around 340$ on the new amp. Thanks.

Get an AQ2200 and that should be enough for that sub.

Good idea, I have been looking at those, but its 430$. Two times as much as I paid for the Hifonics.

Is there any other quality amps that put out around 2000watts under 400$? If it comes down to it,

I'll drop 430$ for a good quality amp, but I'm trying to find a couple different options

Edited by srt10ram

Do you have a pre-made box? or did you build it your self? the 1700 should be enough to get it moving although the 2200 will move it more. But it sounds like you might have a box problem, just sayin.

I built it myself to FI specs. It's an L-Port box out of 3/4 MDF. Port area of 43sqft. w/ 17.5ft. per cuft.

Do you think it would be safe running it off the 2200watts?

I would be looking for an amp that did a minumum of 2500 watts to have a real difference in sound over the Hifonics Amp. You may want to build a new box as well. I have seen many manufacturers give box specs which might be decent but not the best for their woofers because they want to err on the side of safety to avoid warranty claims.

Maybe it's just a wiring problem ?

Are you sure you have a 1 Ohm load ?

Check your wiring twice. This amp should really be enough for your sub. You don't need another one;

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.