LCD vs. LED, What would YOU invest in?

The reason many of you have had shitty experiences with lcd's is probably cuz you bought a cheap one and don't know your tv's. I have a Sony Bravia 46" z series with a 240hz refresh rate and it looks great from all vewing angles. Even my older 42" bravia s series with 60hz refresh rate looked great.

Its only 60hz actually, frame interpolation is a cheap trick (the z-series uses this and is not a true 120hz panel). True 120hz LCD's are actually kind of hard to come by still since 3D with TV or movie content only requires 60hz, which any LCD is capable of.

As to viewing angles that is due to buying a TN panel vs an s-IPS panel. IPS also have much better colors than TN's.

As to LED backlighting, its basically junk at the moment. It works good enough (better than a normal backlight depending on which style of LED you choose), but the only good LED style is "AMOLED" which can only currently be found in small screens (ie: on your phone).

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

i have the dynex. its very good for gaming the only problems i have are the cable input and the speakers are not the best. everything else is perfect though. i wouldnt get anything above a 32" for a gaming tv imo. id look for a computer monitor if you want a gaming only tv. it will be cheaper and have a way better refresh rate then any tv.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

The reason many of you have had shitty experiences with lcd's is probably cuz you bought a cheap one and don't know your tv's. I have a Sony Bravia 46" z series with a 240hz refresh rate and it looks great from all vewing angles. Even my older 42" bravia s series with 60hz refresh rate looked great.

Its only 60hz actually, frame interpolation is a cheap trick (the z-series uses this and is not a true 120hz panel). True 120hz LCD's are actually kind of hard to come by still since 3D with TV or movie content only requires 60hz, which any LCD is capable of.

As to viewing angles that is due to buying a TN panel vs an s-IPS panel. IPS also have much better colors than TN's.

As to LED backlighting, its basically junk at the moment. It works good enough (better than a normal backlight depending on which style of LED you choose), but the only good LED style is "AMOLED" which can only currently be found in small screens (ie: on your phone).

While that may be true my point was that most people buy cheap brand lcd's and base their judgement off that one purchase. I have seen hundreds of lcd's in actual home settings and all i have to say is you get what you pay for.

While that may be true my point was that most people buy cheap brand lcd's and base their judgement off that one purchase. I have seen hundreds of lcd's in actual home settings and all i have to say is you get what you pay for.

Very True.

I love my 46" Toshiba Regza :)

Would kill for a 2560x1080 unit from Phillips or Vizio though. Might want to see the Vizio first just in case...

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

i have about 4 tvs in the house mainly lcd and a plasma, lg's, sony, and samsung, i can all see the lcd's in every angle with no problem, the plasma is ehhh ok

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

AMoled makes the picture look more fake then a LCD or LED .

The colours are too much , it's not realistic at all. LED tv's are a bit better then LCD if you get it from a good brand(so look at atleast spending 800 dollars. I've spend 1600€ for my samsung LED 7series when LED started out, and there aren't a lot of tv's better then that at the moment for a affordable price(below 1000€) and that's after almost 2 years i think.

To the op, i don't think it's worth buying such tv's , only if you have low expectations and are just buying it bc you want a tv fast and cheap.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I have a 52" sony plasma that prefer wayyyy over any lcd ive ever seen. Side points of lcds are always blurry to me but you dont really get glare from home lights like plasmas do. But my buddy has a Samsung pnd7000 that shits on my plasma all day, but its like a $2000 tv <_<

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

X2 I have a Sony W5200 that I bought just before the giants superbowl win in 08 I think, my Sony you can watch from any angle. So as far as "I can't watch it from any angles" I don't know what to tell you. My Sony is 3+ yrs old and I've never had any of those problems. I have a sectional so sometimes I sit at the end and watch from an angle and no problems. For those who are having that problem might try getting a better LCD

Everybody has their own preference, just like amps and subs, and this thread is nothing different. Sony, Samsung for LCD-LED, Panasonic and pioneer Kuro for plasma

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

of course to your original question, LCD vs LED.

both are LCD tvs, just the backlight is different.

If it was just between LED or not, I would go with the LED. You however, have way more options between those 2 TVs than just LED or not.

No, it is not just the backlight. LCD - Liquid Crystal Display uses color changing fluid that changes colors due to the voltage ran through it. The true LED are oLED meaning organic light emitting diode. These use extremely small leds to produce the picture that produces their own light without the need of a backlight. OLed tvs are much newer technology compared to lcd and have a much wider viewing angle. OLed>lcd imo.

Hmmm LCD vs LED... Look at what they're made up of... Liquid Crystals or Light emitting diodes... the LCD's have a tendency to fade over time while LED's have an extremely long lifespan... the LED will also have the strength advantage over LCD's as well and they are also capable of producing much clearer pictures than LCD's

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

If i ain't learning, I ain't living.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

I'm broke and i don't want my son deaf before he's 2 haha

Archived