2 way vs. 3 way

someone just said dont cheap out on 3-way setup what about these ?

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/6.5-and-6.75-Car-Speakers/PAIR-NEW-O2-OXYGEN-AIR-63-3-WAY-6.5-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS/AIR.63.aspx

sorry for thread jack

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

People in this forum need to stop throwing the word/phrase/whatever it is "SQ" around like they know what it is. :bull: And what is an active and passive crossover? <_<

got other name for it? :shrug:

I dont "name," but something more like a phrase... i would personally call it a "clean sounding setup."

SQ has to do with time alignment, speaker placement, removing peaks (equalizing), specific crossovers, etc

same thing :shrug:

Completely different... But I'm not going to argue :drinks:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I know you said you think your going 2 way but Id take a look at these first. they are on my list that I think I want to go with.

DB Drive 3 way setup

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I know you said you think your going 2 way but Id take a look at these first. they are on my list that I think I want to go with.

DB Drive 3 way setup

Damn they look nice

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

I don't know what the point of this thread is? Wether or not to a 3-way or not? You luckily have a stock 3-way to start from which is great but, it doesn't sound like you have the knowledge to appreciate it. In that case stick with whatever you want.

Active and Passive is like day and night and to take a :shrug: attitude towards that seems pointless to discuss anything else you in depth.

I Completely agree, don't toss around the SQ term around like it is just an accessory to your car audio system. SPL only covers 15% of the whole sound spectrum (80hz and below) as SQ covers the full spectrum including the "SPL" range.

I don't know what the point of this thread is? Wether or not to a 3-way or not? You luckily have a stock 3-way to start from which is great but, it doesn't sound like you have the knowledge to appreciate it. In that case stick with whatever you want.

Active and Passive is like day and night and to take a :shrug: attitude towards that seems pointless to discuss anything else you in depth.

I Completely agree, don't toss around the SQ term around like it is just an accessory to your car audio system. SPL only covers 15% of the whole sound spectrum (80hz and below) as SQ covers the full spectrum including the "SPL" range.

the point is, is it worth upgrading to 3 way IF set that I'm getting are 2 way.

After replacing stock HU, stock 3 way doesn't sound as good anymore.

SQ seems to describe what I mean in terms of replacing stock speakers and amp to get better "sound quality". I know there is big difference between "SQ" I'm looking for and actual "SQ".

If you're like me and start grinning every time you hear every note and sound in a song and even the breathing in between lines I would go for the 3 way.

x2 Plus, depending on your MY, you may already have 3 ways in that BMW. A good three way definitely sounds better than a two way for the same reasons a coaxial sounds better than a fizzer type speaker.

If budget is an issue, you may want to select your drivers (don't worry so much about brand; just get the best you can) and build your own crossovers for them.