Well some people dont have the cash right then for one. or maybe dont need one forever. haha it was just an idea

I guess its a good idea if you do one build, tune it, and thats it.

offtopic*** but the little bug thing thats in your sig gets me every time. I always wipe my laptop screen to get it off. hahaha good stuff.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

a guy on CACO rents his out

150 cash upfront before its sent

after he receives it back he sends back 125 in order to get your deposit back

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yarly, why not just buy one for $15 more or so.

i dont think your understanding it...your not spending $125 to rent it...you'll only be spending like $25 or whatever the actual owner is charging to borrow it for a set amount of time. Then when your done with it you send it back to the owner and he'll send you $100 back. The $125 is just a way to keep people honest so that they won't send the owner $25 to rent the dd and then never return the device.

For people like me I like this idea. I have one car and I'm not gonna be changing my system anytime soon. I also don't build other people systems, so I don't think it would be smart for me with my income to go spend $125 on a dd to only set one system with. I'd much rather only spend $25 and only use the dd once, which is how many times I would be using it if I bought it for $125.

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

i dont think your understanding it...your not spending $125 to rent it...you'll only be spending like $25 or whatever the actual owner is charging to borrow it for a set amount of time. Then when your done with it you send it back to the owner and he'll send you $100 back. The $125 is just a way to keep people honest so that they won't send the owner $25 to rent the dd and then never return the device.

For people like me I like this idea. I have one car and I'm not gonna be changing my system anytime soon. I also don't build other people systems, so I don't think it would be smart for me with my income to go spend $125 on a dd to only set one system with. I'd much rather only spend $25 and only use the dd once, which is how many times I would be using it if I bought it for $125.

Same here man!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I think its better just to find someone who has one and will do it for free. Or go to a shop and get it done with an Oscope. The shop near my house has a DD-1 and will tune anything for me for free. then its less than 25 bucks...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

thats where your find someone local that has a dd-1 and give him $10 instead. lol

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I think just finding a shop or someone in your area with either a DD-1 or an O-scope is a much more realistic idea. I tune all my customers systems with the DD-1 since I got it. I even e-mailed customers from the 6 months prior to come in for a free tunning. I do charge 35 to tune if you have never bought any products or service from me prior.

Good luck with the idea though.

2006 Chevy Cobalt SS

Headunit: Eclipse 8445 (sold)

Highs Amp: Eclipse 3620 (sold)

Sub Amp: Eclipse 3122 (sold)

Front stage: Memphis M class6.5 components (2007)

Sub: 1 Memphis M class 12" (sold)

SPL TermLab 130.7 (windshield) (selling)

Car Audio & Alarm installer for 16 years.

Pray for my daughter Katrina please!

i understand completely, i'm not thick. but if you're going to go as far as sending someone $125 to cover it for a week or so, why not just buy one? That's just my view. Joo know what i sayin mang?

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

idk, seems like more than a hassle than its worth on both sides. one side has to ship it (shipping costs money) then the shipping back (more money). and if the one person has $125 to loan out, he has the money to buy one. and if he needed the money that bad, he wouldnt be in any place to be sending the money out then anyways. the DD is $150 right now and it would cost $15 or so to get it shipped to you, so real cost is 160-165. if youre somebody who has a system, odds are, you will switch equiptment atleast one time. it may be years, but still youd have the tool. and id be sure you know some people that would want you to tune your system for them. so there ya go, get it and charge them and make the money back and still own the product. i understand not everybodys area has a bunch of bass heads and shops on another level where you can easily find a scope or DD1 to borrow (thats how it is where i live). but there is a section on this site listing people with DD1s, scopes and term labs to help you with that. Definitely not a bad idea my man, it works, but i think the majority of the time, the other options are easier.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Much more of a hassle than it is worth. If you have someone local, then pay him $20 to use it. I charge when using the O-scope and TL and honestly think if someone was going to pay someone $150 as a deposit to rent one, they might as well use that money to buy a DD-1. I mean, people come and pay to use my equipment because they do not have the money.

I understand where the OP is coming from, so do not take it as jumping down your throat, just my logical opinion.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?