Second Skin Audio

Sub barely moves?

I had a pioneer headunit and I hated the piss out of it. It was a 3200UB. Not sure on yours but when you are in the sub settings there should be 80-to whatever. I would suggest setting that to 80 and maxing the LPF on your amp. I don't know what box you have so I can't say where to set your SSF. You may have to run the sub level up more but that can risk clipping. I had a hard time with my 3200UB.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

what volume are you using?

LPF on amp and headunit at ~80hz... u can leave the amp wide open/turned up all the way and just let the headunit do the low pass

SubSonic should be 5-10hz below box tune frequency

0 bass boost on headunit

subwoofer normal on headunit

subwoofer level at 0 on headunit

HPF at 80/100hz on headunit

0 bass boost on amp

phase 0 on amp

dont bother with the remote yet, now either turn volume on headunit up until interiors distort/sound crappy or you can go up all the way if they can handle it

NOW turn the gain up, with a 2v unit u will likely have the gain past 1/2 but less than 3/4

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

what volume are you using?

LPF on amp and headunit at ~80hz... u can leave the amp wide open/turned up all the way and just let the headunit do the low pass

SubSonic should be 5-10hz below box tune frequency

0 bass boost on headunit

subwoofer normal on headunit

subwoofer level at 0 on headunit

HPF at 80/100hz on headunit

0 bass boost on amp

phase 0 on amp

dont bother with the remote yet, now either turn volume on headunit up until interiors distort/sound crappy or you can go up all the way if they can handle it

NOW turn the gain up, with a 2v unit u will likely have the gain past 1/2 but less than 3/4

k i'll do that but uh what does phase 0 mean and how do i set that xD.

Fi X12

AQ750

Pioneer DEH-6300B h/u

cant set ur gains with a Dmm....

You can, But its not guaranteed to not clip at some point.

So...basically...you're saying...a DMM can not be used to accurately set gains. What would be the point of using the DMM if you can not guarantee no clippage? :good:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i got the same head unit. volume 53, gain turned to 2 o' clock(. preset eq to powerful, sw 1 setting to normal, sw 2 setting to 50hz(or whatever sounds good to you), everything is to 0(loud off, ssa 0, everything shouldnt be turned up). ill double check my setting tomorrow. the headunit clips at 60/62(iirc). but stick to 53 incase you using the AUX and if you set it at 57-59, it will sound distorted.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Archived