Dan2427 Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 I've blew one amp an older RF301s bought it off ebay and wired it up and it caught fire! Still not sure what happened. I've blew one set of tweeters, but I've blew a few subs here and there. Most recently my level 5s for the 3rd time. 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
Guest Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 only thing i've ever blown was a 1500w audiopipe
__d_a_v_i_d__ Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 Headunit that i dropped avh 4200. DD 9500 10s, doubled rms and playing lows, ripped Surrounds many times, silicon adhesive and gorilla taped fixed that but then after a While leads snapped . Coil was still good . Oh well . Chevy Impala Shocker Sigs / TC Sounds 12s Sundown NS-1 | SAX 100.4 Sundown Neos | Dayton Audio Neos ETCCC ETCCC ETCCC My YouTube ---- Subcribe!!
Thomas B Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 Well I had 5 10" rf he2's 2 of em the motors fell off and 1 of em I ripped the surround. I went to walmart bought 12 8 inch road warrior subs at $25 each and built a box for my accent. Well I went series then parallel through em all and had em on 1800 watts. Well that did not last but a half hour full tilt. As soon as 1 blew it was all down hill from there. I brought them all back to walmart. 2 came completely out the surrounds. I welded 3 of them sideways. And by that time my amp would not come out of protection. Walmart has the best return policy. We just wanted to try it. 91' CRX Si HU - Alpine cda-7995 All stock interior Amp - Crescendo bc3500 Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's Batt - 3 x 100 ah 149.5 Street beat Integra Build Log
basshead7890 Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 alpine type r 12" ssa xcon 18" My Build Log 95 Honda Accord Nook HD+ tablet Team Ascendant Audio 18" 2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D Crescendo Audio C1100.4 2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500 Build log
NanoManOne Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 Guess I've gotten lucky the only thing I have ever blown was some pioneer 3.5's on double rms and a pioneer 4x10 from a db drive eq that just quit on me and sending some crazy loud noise through all my speakers..lol
EdgarG0721 Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 Orion 2500d low voltage Rockford t1000bd idk what happened just smoked and wasn't even playing
czman30 Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 mostly pro audio subs. and amps 1 b52 pro audio sub plenty of peavey ones i have blown some jvc subs qsc pro audio hpr amps: 1 Yorkville 3500 cant remember the model number or series but it was a peavey it was around 1.5k Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule. Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol
audiofanaticz Posted December 5, 2011 Report Posted December 5, 2011 I blew too many! 4 btls 3 mayhems 2 dc audio lvl4xls 4 various rockfords I could just keep going on and on and on.. things blow quick on the wall socket!!
SoCaLBaMF Posted December 6, 2011 Report Posted December 6, 2011 Subs Fi Q 18" (magnet was completely cracked through so we decided to make some fun) Kenwood 12" (also wanted to have fun) Amps Hifonics 2610d (2) Soundstream Picasso 760s (found out my battery came disconnected and were only getting 5 volts for a long period of time.) Kicker 350.2 2004 Bagged Trailblazer (4)18" Sundown Nsv3s (4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4 (2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.