Second Skin Audio

low tuning

billycarter66

50 sq inches of port for a 8 cube box? and how did cutting your port shorter tune you lower? You should stop using htat jank ass RE calculator too.

Im Using a mtx7801d amp with 4 dx american bass 15s. In a ext cab 93 s10. Now Here is the box on the builder program. and the only thing i changed is the port on the far left i moved to the middle. these are the current measurements. But originally the port box on the calculator i had it at 3 inches. after i did moving the cut to the middle i messed up somehow and now have a 1.75 in port. NOT happy:(

width 48

height 30

top 13

bottom 13

wood. .75 mdf

sq port hight 28.50

sq port witdth 1.75

sq port length 10.5

sq port length two 6

sq port are 49

box volume 8.2 ft

tuned fq 25.1

2 american bass 15'' XFLs. brutus2100d. big three and rest of wiring is SHok classic 0. box is 6.8 cft 31 hz. have not metered.

50 sq inches of port for a 8 cube box? and how did cutting your port shorter tune you lower? You should stop using htat jank ass RE calculator too.

x2

You are going to lose output and get a ton of port noise with that small of a port. And 4 15s in an 8 cube box? Try 2 15s in the same volume, 14-16sqin of port per cubic foot of box volume

you wont do great #s tuned that low but u will shake the living hell out of anything near you...my last box was tuned @27hz and DAMN it got low and nasty!

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

29-32HZ...is the best way

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

go download torres calculator and do it right. the RE calculator doesn't account for any sub or bracing displacement. with 4 15's you're going to need a box bigger than 8 cubes, and you're going to need some bracing.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

change the port to mimic

H 28.5

W 3.75

L 26..

will tune you to 35 with 106 port area, with 16 sq inch of port per cube

that also drops you down to 6.52 cubes after all said and done...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

4 15s in 8 cubes? i think yall missed that part. Thats a tiny ass box. You need almost double the volume.

My old box for just 2 15s was 10 cubes net

Well heres the thing i got the four fifteens so im gonna use em all one way or another and im really only looking for like the hairtricks and flexing. not so much the hear me coming shit. so What now? any good suggestions. i dont have any more money for wood only slight modifications can be made to the box now

2 american bass 15'' XFLs. brutus2100d. big three and rest of wiring is SHok classic 0. box is 6.8 cft 31 hz. have not metered.

Archived