What Glue do you Use?

Thought it would be a good topic. What types of glue or sealant do you guys use when making boxes? I found that a healthy layer of liquid nails both when joining the wood, and when sealing the edges works wonders on boxes. If you put that stuff between two pieces of wood, you won't be able to get it off with a crowbar. Not to mention it does not have an awful smell like alot of your silicones, and once it dries, it is easy as shit to peel/wash off of your hands and clothing.

mivtCK.png

I like to use the Elmer's Pro Bond. It has good penetration into the wood before it sets. It is also a little more flexible to vibrations. Takes a little longer to set. Some of the other brands seam to dry to fast or too hard and I have had joints become brittle and have a difficult time sticking to anything but its self.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Titebond 1

Slowsetting but strong.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Btw.

Liquid nails is the worst thing you can use to assy the box.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived