Second Skin Audio

Overpowering subs

music is also dynamic. you could be at 3 ohms at one frequency, but under 1 ohm at another. you *could* be at 3 ohms on one frequency, and under one ohm at *every* other frequency. not likely at all...but you can never tell unless you check every frequency. if you're not familiar with it, i don't recommend it. chances are...something WILL break. i'd just buy higher powered woofers and play it safe

You also have to think about rise. Let's say you have 2 Sa subs, rated at 600 a piece , you put a sundown 3k on them, final load is 1 ohm, depending on box and such your rise might be 3 ohms on music so that's around 1000 watts ur subs are getting, so you'll never know unless you clamped the amp, see were you rise at. Adjust to that, bingpadaboom !

not true.

edit: refer above to what torres said.

every freq will cause the ohm load to change.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

You also have to think about rise. Let's say you have 2 Sa subs, rated at 600 a piece , you put a sundown 3k on them, final load is 1 ohm, depending on box and such your rise might be 3 ohms on music so that's around 1000 watts ur subs are getting, so you'll never know unless you clamped the amp, see were you rise at. Adjust to that, bingpadaboom !

not true.

edit: refer above to what torres said.

every freq will cause the ohm load to change.

Yessir, just gave a general idea, most of the time you'll have box rise with music, that being 0.1+ rise. I actually never heard of "box fall" or "box drop" mostly have been "box rise" so I also learned something new today . :)

you also have to learn what songs you can play and which ones you can't. oh and figure out what smells are the bad ones. and know what bottoming out sounds like. and never let someone else play with your settings. learn what volume you can go to safely. use a subsonic filter like it was crack

there are probably more

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

imma throw my 2 cents in here as well, look at davetheboxguy, he had 2 12 alpine type rs in a box he made and he was throwin 3600w on em and he had no issues, so its all of the box and clean power, he was doing a 149db with it

music is also dynamic. you could be at 3 ohms at one frequency, but under 1 ohm at another. you *could* be at 3 ohms on one frequency, and under one ohm at *every* other frequency. not likely at all...but you can never tell unless you check every frequency. if you're not familiar with it, i don't recommend it. chances are...something WILL break. i'd just buy higher powered woofers and play it safe

I think I might do that..... I'm only 19 still gotta Lot to learn but it's damn hard being in australia there is really no 1 here to show me what's possible and what's not

So in theory if I put a woofer in a larger box bout 2-3 cubes bigger then needed and don't screw with the gain it could work?

nooo. thats the opposite. typically, you put a sub in a larger enclosure for lower power, and smaller for higher power. but it depends on the sub, power, vehicle. you'll learn quickly on this site that car audio is a biiig game of variables. the best tool you can have is experience. just start off simple, nothing too crazy. use peoples advice, and you will gain knowledge and experience. another thing i'll tell you now, is that the enclosure is the most important thing. make sure you get a good design for one, or run your design by people who are good with them to make sure its good. there are plenty of people on here that are willing to help and offer advice, so just ask.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

So in theory if I put a woofer in a larger box bout 2-3 cubes bigger then needed and don't screw with the gain it could work?

nooo. thats the opposite. typically, you put a sub in a larger enclosure for lower power, and smaller for higher power. but it depends on the sub, power, vehicle. you'll learn quickly on this site that car audio is a biiig game of variables. the best tool you can have is experience. just start off simple, nothing too crazy. use peoples advice, and you will gain knowledge and experience. another thing i'll tell you now, is that the enclosure is the most important thing. make sure you get a good design for one, or run your design by people who are good with them to make sure its good. there are plenty of people on here that are willing to help and offer advice, so just ask.

Thank you mate.... I will start off simple.... All I want is 4 skar vvx on the 4500 but it may be easier to just save more and pray to god that dc will ship to aus and go for 4 level 4s insted

i mean, you dont have to be so simple i guess. just dont push your equiptment too hard. but when it comes to a system for someone new, yeah, simple is good. you can learn each step of the way. 4 level 4's would love that power. i have 2 level 4 12's and i love em. not too famiar with skar as they are fairly new, but i do know they are a quality product. like i said, when you decide to get something, post on here for help. SMD will make sure to help you so you build it right. good luck man.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg