Dc Audio Subs For Audioque Hdc3 15

Guest Nismofreak

one 12 is priceless.

Im not one to talk down on other companies unless I had expierence with them, but if you want to talk about companies ripping off looks of another company I sugguest you look at DC. DC, right down to the carbon fiber dustcap, frame, and magnet. Now these are just going by looks. I have no Idea how they sound or how good or bad they are, and Im not trying to bash them in any way.

That theres funny, he bashed me then sayes hes not :) for the record, my basket is not the same as DD's in any way. Alot of companys use it, its a great basket , carbon fiber dust cap, why not just say i ripped off everyone else that ever used a PP dustcap too (thats what my standard dustcap is), my motors are nothing like theres, Hell I had magnet boots first :) they must have copy'd me :) HAHAHAHAHHAHA

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

Guest Nismofreak

hey tom have you posted over at CA to see if anyone will trade you..even for an older HD3 its still good..or sell the 2 DC and buy 2 HDC3s

Yah but I might just think about building a box

in all honestly i'll debate this til the cows come home. you can believe what you want i've even argued this with steve.

theres no way in HELL any DD, MT , or BTL is EVER going to sound like a mag or XXX with all subs properly installed. we can debate it til the cows come home. I love browsing forum after forum and seeing everyone say.. "oooo my BTL's are SOOOO clean sounding" I havent personally heard steves setup and dont really need to , The linear response of these SPL subs are not the same as more SQ oriented subs. And honesly the whole bandwagon hype behind a SPL sub sounding just as good as anything else is one of the reasons behind them selling so well.

In all honesty i'll take a loud 1k RMS sub thats effiecient (sp) over a sub that people wanna put 3 and 4k to make loud all day long. im more of a little equipment big sound person, over a crapload of power to achieve the same goal. Anyhow if anyone would like to debate and would rather not post it on the forum i always check my PM's and im on aim all night everynight

I understand it what your saying and agree...I am a more of a sq guy. The dc audio subs got a nice clean punch plus this set up was never spl in the first place lol

Rusty- I agree you guess make some bad ass subs...Maybe its just the box I think

What is the tunning for these subs?

right now they sit at 32hz in the box I have?

IMo you havent totally finished the setup you have in order to double power with some Audioque's

3200rms and 2 subs should be plenty beat for a daily system. last i knew (i dont stay in the loop here much anymore) you were having electrical difficulties. I'd work on that work on deadening and wokr on box configurations before doubling power and wasting money on 2 new subs.

Guest Nismofreak

IMo you havent totally finished the setup you have in order to double power with some Audioque's

3200rms and 2 subs should be plenty beat for a daily system. last i knew (i dont stay in the loop here much anymore) you were having electrical difficulties. I'd work on that work on deadening and wokr on box configurations before doubling power and wasting money on 2 new subs.

Yah I m having problem which I need the 200amp alt. I got a bit of deadening in it but I need a ton more. I might build a smaller box and make it so I can be in Street C so the box will be below the window line

My main focus now it so finish the doors because pretty much the back off the car is finished but now I wanna make the front look nicer

That theres funny, he bashed me then sayes hes not :) for the record, my basket is not the same as DD's in any way. Alot of companys use it, its a great basket , carbon fiber dust cap, why not just say i ripped off everyone else that ever used a PP dustcap too (thats what my standard dustcap is), my motors are nothing like theres, Hell I had magnet boots first :) they must have copy'd me :) HAHAHAHAHHAHA

I was using dc for example.

I think I even put something in your dc audio forum about your new dustcap and how it looks like a wannabe dd. I didnt get no flame then, but hey flame all you want it dont bother me.

Even the old hcca comp subs I ran looked idenical to my old punch power dvcs that I had. Its going to happen over and over. Your subs kinda looked like dd to me so I used you as an example.

If you want to get all defensive and offended over a comperision on a forum I say this.

You pick your loudest guy with a dc audio sub. man make it 4 or even 8 if need be and see how loud your subs are compaired to a dd. Just plain spl

Meh Ill pick alan dante with his 99z18... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I still do think that the lvl 5 with the third slug magnet i think, a cf dustcap and red lettering does kinda look like a dd.

As for accordman, thanks for that statement. Im glad to know that mr meade agrees with me then and not you. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Someone just saying something about a dustcap dident bother me, and i know not eveyones going to like me and what i do and thats fine, but what you did was basicaly say my woofers we just a rip off of others(or at least thats how it read to me) i dont mind being bashed a little here or there i know it comes with the territory but im going to say something to a statment like yours.

Im not even going to comment on the dante thing and his 3500 dollar woofer, I you wanna call someone out do it yourself ,how loud are you?

The LV5 woofer is nothng like a DD its alot bigger and uses a true 3" coil (dd's is slightly smaller) diffrent basket and the CF dustcap i noticed you said red lettering, I can do it if people ask but ours is Blue.

anyways, if you dont like a product (something you have judged by only seeing pics) its all good but theres no need to try to down my company or all the money and time invested.

Thank You very much,

I am done with this conversation

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

I was using dc for example.

I think I even put something in your dc audio forum about your new dustcap and how it looks like a wannabe dd. I didnt get no flame then, but hey flame all you want it dont bother me.

Even the old hcca comp subs I ran looked idenical to my old punch power dvcs that I had. Its going to happen over and over. Your subs kinda looked like dd to me so I used you as an example.

If you want to get all defensive and offended over a comperision on a forum I say this.

You pick your loudest guy with a dc audio sub. man make it 4 or even 8 if need be and see how loud your subs are compaired to a dd. Just plain spl

Meh Ill pick alan dante with his 99z18... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I still do think that the lvl 5 with the third slug magnet i think, a cf dustcap and red lettering does kinda look like a dd.

As for accordman, thanks for that statement. Im glad to know that mr meade agrees with me then and not you. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Why are you comparing apples to oranges? Dante runs extreme. Its amazing how people bash other companies they have absolutely no knowledge of or experience with.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2006 Bass Race 156 points

2008 Starting from scratch

i dont mind being bashed a little here or there i know it comes with the territory but im going to say something to a statment like yours.

how loud are you?

Like you said it comes with the territory...

As for me, I dont know how loud I am. I still havent got my sub back from a reconed. But I will say high numbers/and burps dont impress me much out of a suv or a crx. I got a target Im shooting for, but it is kind of high coming out of a trunk of a full size car. But I will say that I want to bass race 139.9 for sure 49.9 would be nice, but that will take a bit of work..

Im man enough to admit when Im wrong. I had bad luck with RF in the past, and when I bought a used RF amp just get my kickers banging a little more I ended up admiting that the RF was a good amp.

Another thing I thought about too is maybe abother reason you got irritated is because someone is not happy with their subs, and wants new right away. You should talk to your customer and help him design a box so that he can maybe squeeze a few more dbs out of his subs.

I have no idea what the DCs should be tuned for or the area of port they need. But I did tell nismo to rebuild his box again and change his tuning and make it a little higher, because from my impression, nismo thinks that this guy that hit 147 with his one audio que is blowing his DC subs away. Which I also told him they are two different setups and you cant compair that.

Why are you comparing apples to oranges? Dante runs extreme. Its amazing how people bash other companies they have absolutely no knowledge of or experience with.

but after all we are compairing audioque to dc it seems to me, which is still apples to oranges. and is their no competitiors that run DC subs in extreme vehicles? I thought there be at least a couple.

Guest Nismofreak

Like you said it comes with the territory...

As for me, I dont know how loud I am. I still havent got my sub back from a reconed. But I will say high numbers/and burps dont impress me much out of a suv or a crx. I got a target Im shooting for, but it is kind of high coming out of a trunk of a full size car. But I will say that I want to bass race 139.9 for sure 49.9 would be nice, but that will take a bit of work..

Im man enough to admit when Im wrong. I had bad luck with RF in the past, and when I bought a used RF amp just get my kickers banging a little more I ended up admiting that the RF was a good amp.

Another thing I thought about too is maybe abother reason you got irritated is because someone is not happy with their subs, and wants new right away. You should talk to your customer and help him design a box so that he can maybe squeeze a few more dbs out of his subs.

I have no idea what the DCs should be tuned for or the area of port they need. But I did tell nismo to rebuild his box again and change his tuning and make it a little higher, because from my impression, nismo thinks that this guy that hit 147 with his one audio que is blowing his DC subs away. Which I also told him they are two different setups and you cant compair that.

but after all we are compairing audioque to dc it seems to me, which is still apples to oranges. and is their no competitiors that run DC subs in extreme vehicles? I thought there be at least a couple.

well I am happy with my subs..I think the problem is that the guy hit a 147.7 because he had his box tunned higher plus all vehicles are different.

Other facts might be his electrical...I am running everything of a 80amp alt...which is weak

jeez it got heated in here..any luck yet tom?

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Archived