Arguing w/ Second Skin

dr subwoofer jr

post vidz acting like you know what your talking but you really have no clue let the audio community get a hold of it bam you got tons of veiws i just feel sorry for who ever watches these vids and takes it as the truth

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Naw man it's true! I put cinder blocks on top of my trucks roof to stop all my rattles. People look at me funny but screw da haterz!

Completely kidding if you didn't pick up on that...... :peepwall:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Anyone got some fat chicks i can have sit on the roof of my envoy to kill the rattling of the roof? Or maybe i should suspend my smd from my roof since that weighs a lot and would stop the resonance completely. rofl!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Maybe I should take some cues from this guy for my videos . . .

i thikn it would hurt your pride more than anything to come down to this level. maybe you should comment on his videos and blow his mind. Then after show your pedigree and see what he has to say about that. lol.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

because they dont actually understand what sound deadener does.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I think this douchebag was banned from here..

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

hes actually never had an account at least with that name or any of his email addresses. hes just trying to scam off someone's name to get hits.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

his facial expressions and just overall lack of a brain make this impossible to watch lol.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Incase one of his friends (assuming he has friends that look out for him) or himself personally comes over here, here is how a CLD works. And no I'm not going to bother posting another comment on his videos and greatly increase the chances of killing him with a brain aneurism.

When you install a CLD on a substrate, in this case a door panel or other sheet metal panel of a vehicle, when the panel vibrates/flexes it causes the CLD to deform and shear adjacently with the substrate. The constraining layer (foil) forces the substrate back into shape. This shearing process is what coverts the kinetic energy into the low level heat.

In turn, the thicker the foil is the better it can it can apply force to kill vibrations and the stiffer the foil is, the more shearing force is applied to the substrate to keep it from deforming/flexing.

Mass loading works on the principle that by adding more weight to the panel that you will lower it's resonant frequency (the frequency at which a panel or object will resonate). Mass loading does work to a point but the trade offs are huge, such as 10-20 pounds of added weight PER panel (since it requires close to quadruple the amount of the weight of the panel to drop the resonate frequency one octave).

These are not 'opinions' that I'm just randomly plucking out of the air, this is straight up science and technology at it's best!

5382848686_c3a2ce6678.jpg

Reading is FUNdamental! ;)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Archived