Arguing w/ Second Skin

I remember reading in a car audio magazine, say about 1995, about some sound deadening. They took either a truck roof or a trunk, not quite sure. But they used silicone and 20lbs of sand. SO the old school way is to add weight.

I have put alpha damp and Damplifier Pro, The stuff works and works well. :drink40:

Yes, and in the olden days people used to ride horses. Point is, at one point in time before sciences were advanced in these areas we were stuffing horse blankets into the panels. But technology has gotten better, and with that, the science. Gone are the days of mass loading but people who do not understand the science think the way this guy does.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I remember reading in a car audio magazine, say about 1995, about some sound deadening. They took either a truck roof or a trunk, not quite sure. But they used silicone and 20lbs of sand. SO the old school way is to add weight.

I have put alpha damp and Damplifier Pro, The stuff works and works well. :drink40:

Yes, and in the olden days people used to ride horses. Point is, at one point in time before sciences were advanced in these areas we were stuffing horse blankets into the panels. But technology has gotten better, and with that, the science. Gone are the days of mass loading but people who do not understand the science think the way this guy does.

i dont think this guy thinks :P

i rather use 20 lbs of SS all around my car than to use sacks of sand or 500 lbs of weights to stop rattle

HAHAHAHA I read the argument. I like how he's like back it up with facts. If i were to guess a lot of scientific research goes into the damplifier mat. And i think he needs to do A LOT more research cause last time i checked (because i will be buying some eventually) the trunk pack of damplifier pro is just over $100 and the same sq footage of alpha damp is like $140 and, relitively, thats a lot less than $200. Just Sayin...

i dont think this guy thinks :P

i rather use 20 lbs of SS all around my car than to use sacks of sand or 500 lbs of weights to stop rattle

Just saying that he is right about the weight or mass loading, if he was in 1995. BTW people still ride horses.

In the magazine they mixed silicone and sand. I think it was a truck lid that the removed, flipped over and filled it.

No, he is not right. Because he does not know the difference between mass loading and actual deadening. And yes, people still ride horses...and use home telephones. But you aren't getting to work on your trusty steed or without communications when out the house because with the advancement of technology, also came along the advancement of the science. And knowing what we know now, we would be idiotic to think otherwise. I too used mass loading, but knowing now I was wrong doesn't mean doing it that way still has any merit. :good:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I re watched his video, very hard to do. He says That secondskin and dynamat add weight.. so he is wrong. I must have missed that the first go round. I thought he was talking about adding weight, going about it the wrong way. But that is want jarred my memory of that magazine.

If you want to split hairs, TECHNICALLY he is right that these products do add weight... after all they do weigh something. :pardon:

BUT he is completely and utterly wrong in understanding how CLDs (such as Dynamat Xtreme and Damplifier) work. Again if weight was the reason that these products were effective, Damplifier would perform horribly tipping the scales at less than .45 pounds per sq. ft. and heavy ass asphalt products would be the bomb!

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

John you and the second skin crew should hire him! he knows his stuff! lol :lol:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I hope to God this guy is justtt a troll or else I lost IQ points for NOTHING!

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Archived