SP4 18- Ordered Sat/ Shipped Today (sike)

DreDay256

I didn't say everyone did it, I said it is normal to do it. Geez.

Definitely not normal.

I agree, but they do state on the site, they make to order.

I'd like to try an SP4 despite our disagreements, I think Fi is still a good company

Yea, Fi is definitely a good company. I hate the shipping procedure but since I now know that's how they work I'm cool & that minor compliant doesn't detour me from ordering again..

TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"

-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order)

-2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass)

-4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets

-1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets

-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts

-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs)

-1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's)

-1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)

2010-10-14171939.jpg

It actually is a normal practice for larger vendors. Everything is auto generated 9 times out of 10 someone does not actually create those labels when you place an order and it needs to be shipped; after payment is received everything is generated all at once printed and put into a file. Most times companies set it up so that UPS or FEDEX automatically emails the buyer when a label has been generated. If you think about it when you receive some items from larger companies your receipt in the box sometimes has a prepaid label attached to a wax paper portion of the receipt and you notice there is already a side missing its because everything is auto generated.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

As a matter of fact, SecondSkin does this as well. Here is the email I received from them, that included my tracking number before my order was out the door. You can even see the warning about the possibility of the product not being in stock.

Hello again Brad

Good news!!

Your Second Skin order has been processed.

This means a UPS label has been printed and a tracking number has been assigned to your order.

Your UPS tracking number is: **************** (dont wanna give away any important info!)

This tracking number will become active once UPS scans the package which is usually around 2-3 pm, Monday through Friday, mountain standard time.

If you happened to order a product that is on backorder, your UPS label has printed, but will remain in our warehouse until your product is back in stock. Once UPS picks up the package you can track it online at www.ups.com

All product that are on backorder are clearly noted with an estimated shipping date right above the `add to cart" button on each product page.

Again, I'm not saying everyone does this, or even MOST do it, I'm just saying it is nothing odd or wrong.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Without getting too much in detail, I have been to several glAmazon.com locations and know for a fact that some of their locations still manually print out some of their shipping labels. I also installed some the equipment that allowed certain locations to push out over 800,000 packages in one day from one single location... if that gives you any reference to size, lol.

Without getting too much in detail, I have been to several Amazon.com locations and know for a fact that some of their locations still manually print out some of their shipping labels. I also installed some the equipment that allowed certain locations to push out over 800,000 packages in one day from one single location... if that gives you any reference to size, lol.

Print yes, I'm talking about creating. Could you imagine manually creating 800,000 labels?

At anyrate, this is all a moot point :) sorry to get to arguing with you guys!

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Print yes, I'm talking about creating. Could you imagine manually creating 800,000 labels?

I wouldn't call it an argument wink.gif just letting you guys know what I've seen. Just so you all know, when you get something off glAmazon... well... I wouldn't get anything too fragile, I'll put it that way. I've seen brand new Kindles in nothing more than the box it comes in get slapped with a label and hucked a good 15' onto a conveyor.

EDIT: And you are correct Skippy, the label info is generated upon payment, but IIRC with glAmazon, the package shipment data does not go live for them until the shipping label is applied to the package and gets scanned by one of the hundreds of scanners as it approaches the loading docks.

I wouldn't call it an argument wink.gif just letting you guys know what I've seen. Just so you all know, when you get something off glAmazon... well... I wouldn't get anything too fragile, I'll put it that way. I've seen brand new Kindles in nothing more than the box it comes in get slapped with a label and hucked a good 15' onto a conveyor.

EDIT: And you are correct Skippy, the label info is generated upon payment, but IIRC with glAmazon, the package shipment data does not go live for them until the shipping label is applied to the package and gets scanned by one of the hundreds of scanners as it approaches the loading docks.

That is how my SecondSkin order looked, possibly my DC Audio but I don't remember that one too well. When I typed the tracking number in it just said information received, but gave no shipping information at all.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

iso some vids of that beast when its in!!!

Plenty..! Lol

TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"

-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order)

-2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass)

-4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets

-1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets

-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts

-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs)

-1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's)

-1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)

2010-10-14171939.jpg

is not normal but it is part of the policy for that company and many other that work that way, just be glad who ever bought the subs will be very happy when they receive them

Archived